Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Liver...........

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's a piece of meat that people have tried foir centuries toi cook and noit taste lkike liver. Are there any BGE recipes to cook calve's liver?[p]Me

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    2004_0128Image0011.jpg
    <p />You know me,
    cant stomach liver, but i can almost tolerate savoury duck. my butcher makes it with ground beef liver and forms balls about the size of a baseball and bakes them like a meatloaf. sells lots of them. might be good in the egg, but my dislike for liver is so large that i couldnt buy the stuff. he also makes scottish eggs with a sausage wrap that i do like and make in the egg. i make mine with keilbasa and a bread bread crumb coating around a hardboiled egg. if i was to make the savoury duck i might try this with the eggs and skip the fry and just bake at 350 inderect until brown

[ul][li]savoury duck[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    I'd use a griddle on top of the BGE grid & with some olive oil, saute' a large sliced onion till it begins to get golden. At that points i would add the clves liver that has been dipped in some flour with salt & pepper, and allow to get browned on both sides- serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
    the BGE temp i'd try and keep at about 300°F
    The slight smokey taste & sweet onions will make this a memorable meal.
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I agree about eating liver, but I had to comment. The only recipe I know is to place the liver, seasoned the way you like it, on a cedar shingle and cook at 350F indirect for at least 5 hours. Then remove the cedar shingle, throw away the liver and eat the shingle.[p]Just kidding, but I can't stand liver, however my wife does and she cooks it with onions and gravey. I make sure I'm at work.[p]