Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You Are All Guilty - Admit It

Options
Yes, although we love our Eggs, life gets in the way and (Don't lie) we order .... PIZZA!

I used to throw away the leftovers but recently, I thought that I would just freeze the leftover slices.

I have to say that this has worked out really well.  I add mozzarella to the slices and put it on the Egg indirect.  It works great when we are having a quick throw together meal like tonight.

I know that you all have other leftover concoctions so share them here if you dare ...

Milton, GA.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I think I've gone over a year without paying for takeout pie. Feels good no more $25 pies here in Seattle
    Seattle, WA
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    I still love a good take out pie now and then, especially cold the next morning!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, regardless of having a nice piece of equipment like the egg, sometimes being lazy is better then egging. Got to love your favorite pizza joint or taco shop.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I understand and the family sometimes wants quick and out which we do. I however like making it in the BGE.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I do take out pizza nearly every Friday. 20 bucks for 2 and ready in 15 minutes.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Yeah we eat it too. Added bonus is not having to inspect the egg afterwards for cracks. [-O<
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Thought about something quick and easy tonight... Maybe a restraunt for mama and I to hit.... Nah... Stopped on the way home to pick up some chicken wings, lump and a 6 pack! A little cool here in the NW tonight, but would just rather kick back by the egg and relax with a cold one than go out. But, not always.... Some nights I just want to let someone make a meal :))
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Pizza is a good quick meal from take out after a long day at work and to lazy to cook
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Take out or delivery? Nope. And as for frozen pizzas, no way that way, either, Jose! OTOH we have a routine of buying "take and bake freshly made pizzas as we watch! " BTW pizzas from Papa Murphy are kick ass in our community! And then the following pizza is my made from scratch sauce, crust and chopped/sliced/grated toppings!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SpartanPride
    SpartanPride Posts: 161
    Options
    I'll throw some wings on indirect. Then toss a few left over pieces of pie on for the last 10 min. Good compliment to leftover pizza
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Very rarely do pizza. After a long day of work firing up the egg and having a drink is my relaxation. Of course I don't have kids yet so I can eat dinner at 10. When I am too lazy and sober enough to drive I get a Publix chicken tender sub. Pretty much the best non egged food available.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    I too like it for brekky, cold the next morning with a cup of hot, black coffee. Breakfast of champions!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

I was a good boy yesterday. Fired her up at noon for burgers. Fired her up at 7 for a Rib-Eye. Wife is out of town. So, I have a leftover burger and half a rib-eye. My dilemma? What to cook tonight when she get's home?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    We get pizzas every once in awhile. Usually Papa Murphy's take and bake. In fact we did that last night. Mrs. G left this morning for Vegas and we wanted to spend quality time together rather than prepping food, cooking food and then cleaning up. As for freezing leftovers? Never happens. What doesn't get eaten, usually goes with one of us for lunch the next day.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Rarely eat pizza, watching the weight, so when I do splurge, it's homemade or bust.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I got a leftover pizza concoction for ya.  During out trip to Outer Banks, our good friends we stayed with made this from leftover pizza; he chopped up some slices of pizza topped with sausage pepperoni, onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and mixed the chopped chunks in with eggs and more cheese, and baked it or fried it; don't remember which; but it came out like an awesome quiche or western omelette.  Great use of leftover pizza; very tasty with a Bloody Mary, our regular vacation morning beverage.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I still order deliver/take out pizza often.  If I've been out at the bars and it's 1-2 am, I'm in no shape to be messing with the egg.  Rather spend $20 on a pizza then a trip to the ER for not burping the egg.  Beside at that time just about anything is gonna taste great.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    its been over 15 years since having a pizza delivered to the house. when i bought the house i went from 2 to 3 times a week to zip zero. quick math says i saved 25000 dollars plus minus
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    I have no interest in making pizza. There are a couple dynamite local joints that just are hard to beat and the ingredients to make something decent cost just as much. No melted gaskets either, searing a steak is as hot as I get the egg. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    I love making pizza, and I love the pizza from my local shop Alfredos. Depends on the mood, time available, number of people, etc.

But I'm with the various posters, leftovers are breakfast.  If a slice makes it to the next night, there's probably something wrong with it.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    @griffin beat me to it.

I just picked up my first Papa Murphy's tonight. Just doing it in the oven.
    I thought someone would have already put a take n bake on the egg.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    hondabbq said:

@griffin beat me to it.

I just picked up my first Papa Murphy's tonight. Just doing it in the oven.
    I thought someone would have already put a take n bake on the egg.

Many have done it on the egg. I have. Should have a blog post on it. Sometimes the ease of the oven just trumps the egg. Blasphemy, I know. Whatever.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings