Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What will you not eat?

Options

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    There isn't much I won't eat. The wierdest thing I've eaten was fried mullet sperm sacks. They were delicious.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That's disgusting. %-(
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

There isn't much I won't eat. The wierdest thing I've eaten was fried mullet sperm sacks. They were delicious.

Yeah, that's pretty weird.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

I hope that is not real.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    C'mon SGH ! You will eat a raccoon but you despise the succulent pork by product goodness that is a McRib?
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    Spotted ****
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • DMW
    Options
    tjosborne said:

Spotted ****

At least it is microwaveable...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Bayarad said:
    Balut is the most disgusting thing to eat I've ever seen! There are quite a few things on my earlier list I would eat before Balut!

Didn't even know what that was until I Googled it! Ah geez! Those pictures about gagged me and I know good and well I would have to have been drunk out of my mind and at least 50 years younger to try to wolf one of those down! Funny though in reading these replies I love frog leg, catfish and escargot. Maybe it is a matter of where and when you grew up? As a kid we gigged frogs and caught catfish and ate them over camp fires which to this day left fond childhood memories! As for my taste for escargot...first time was on an expense account supper and I have been hooked ever since...but only at home, where I know how to prepare them and enjoy them!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bayarad
    Options
    I would eat Spotted **** out of the can as long as I start off with a perfectly cooked beef Wellington with a side of Aus Jus on the side and some freshly ground horseradish!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Here is what it looks like. The orange is roe (mullet eggs) the white is the sperm. They are both great fired. image
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Bayarad
    Options
    OK that's right up there with Balut!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I love escargo and L&S cooks. I hate fast food.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• thegreategg
    Options
    Scrapple is not sausage, at least not the sausage I make. It's more eyeballs, nose, tongue,  ears, brains...etc. Don't eat that stuff either. Wont eat any organs, Wont try what ever that Asian egg that is half developed, buried and fermented for 6 months either. Forgot what they called it. Akkk
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    DMW said:
    Spotted ****
    At least it is microwaveable...

I think you can get a shot for it, too... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• DMW
    Options

Scrapple is not sausage, at least not the sausage I make. It's more eyeballs, nose, tongue,  ears, brains...etc. Don't eat that stuff either. Wont eat any organs, Wont try what ever that Asian egg that is half developed, buried and fermented for 6 months either. Forgot what they called it. Akkk

Much the same as commercial hot dogs and sausage.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Spotted **** sounds horrendous. It is, when done properly, in a buttered basin over steam for a couple of hours, a victorian, flour-based pudding. The "spots" come from raisins and sultanas added to the mix. Variations include treacle pudding, and savory steak and kidney puddings.
    They're light and fluffy, rib-sticking stuff. the desserts are served with hot custard, the savories with gravy.
    That canned stuff will render you speechless for an hour as your tongue gets lodged against the roof of your mouth.
    While we're at it: soft cod roe (the sperm) on toast under a broiler was Saturday supper when I was a kid. I have some (canned) in the pantry as we speak. Deeelishus.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Bayarad
    Options
    I thought roe was eggs and sperm pouches was a w
  • Bayarad
    Options
    Whole different thing! Oops goofed up that post!
  • thegooddocta
    thegooddocta Posts: 264
    Options

Missing out on the organs man! You have to try beef heart - absolutely phenomenal (and now something I have to try on the egg!). There is a Peruvian dish called anticuchos that is my go-to in any Peruvian / Andean restaurant that just made my To-Egg list.

I'll try most things once, but eyes, brains, and glands are out for me.
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I have a very under developed palate. I could eat off the kids menu and be fine. The Egg has opened up a lot of additional tastes. Dad loved pickled pigs feet, blood soup and all kind of organ meat. I can't go there.
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I will eat anything and everything. It was a point of emphasis when I started traveling and I've never let it go. That being said there are certain favors I'm not a huge fan of when they are front and center in the favor profile (mushrooms for example) however when blended into the background I appreciate what they bring to the table.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I will try several things( not everything), and eating is a whole different story. Tried whale a month ago. Small bite and will never(except starvation) try or eat it again. Will not try stink fish(see link)
    http://www.eatsalaska.com/post/9412907196/to-eat-or-not-to-eat-the-stink-heads

No organ meat. Well, I will eat Rocky Mountain oysters(technically called glands), but no sea oysters.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    gdenby said:

Get some fresh, really fresh salmon or steel head trout, or arctic char. Make some fish tartare. May change your mind.
    I love my trout fresh from the stream into the frying pan above 5,000 feet elevation.  So far I have had Brook Trout (not a true trout, but a char), Rainbow Trout, German Browns, Golden Trout, & Lahontan Cutthroats.  Most of the trout I catch are in the 7" to 9" range.  Perfect for small backpacking frying pans.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Won't eat most internal organs if they look or taste like internal organs.  Grind it up and stuff it in a sausage casing, fine, just don't tell me.  SWMBO grew up in a Pennsylvania family and they would fight over the internal organs.  I will make her turkey giblet gravy for Thxgiving but I chop it up pretty fine so you can't really tell which organ it is.  I'll have some of that.
    I tend to agree with you except for one.  Chicken and Turkey gizzards are awesome.  Oh, wait, you said "taste like internal organs".  So then, maybe you agree with me as I find the gizzard does not smell or taste like chicken hearts or livers.  I boil the gizzard and then add salt & pepper and enjoy while I work on preparing the rest of the meal.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    but I heard the NEW Anus Pounder is delightful . . . 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • bclarksicle
    bclarksicle Posts: 167
    Options
    I'll eat anything if it's well prepared

Also, this thread sets the record for most posts containing the word penis.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Can't do Lutefisk, Balute, penis, testicles, organs (except heart).  I read someone wouldn't eat catfish because "they're ugly" - wonder if they've ever seen a monkfish or chilean seabass?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    +Lutefisk, Balute, any sexual organ and beets. I don't know what would make me hurl faster, Balute or pickled Beets.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Pickled beets are fantastic! My wife's grandmother made them and after we got married I came home one day and she had made chicken salad and pickled beets. 

I didn't want to try them, but they were great. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's