Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's SGH?

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    kthacher said:
    This is likely going to come across wrong, but I DO NOT appreciate being called friend and brother by someone I don't even know. I wish that aspect of this forum would just go away as it comes across as disingenuous. And no, I have not read this whole thread.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    kthacher said:
    He can call me Al.
    Only if you call him Betty.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I don't see the big deal personally of being called brother or friend by someone.  I think it could be a southern thing and maybe that is why I don't mind. 

To each his own...
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    As a Southerner I think it is a southern thing. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    kthacher said:
    He can call me Al.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    Seems like a nice enough fella to me. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. You can't even be nice or stand for decent language on here without people jumping all over you. I'm glad he's back and I hope more like him sign up.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I could use a distraction right now.  Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tarheelmatt
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You cannot disagree with Conway... You just cannot.  If my Momma found out I did, I would in deep $hit. 

Saw him in concert one time along with George Jones.  Fun times....
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    Man you guys can both come to my place and settle this with a BRISKET COOK OFF!!! **** I'll throw in some plane tickets!!
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited July 2014
    Options

This thread...

...I'll just see what happens.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    You can call me anything you want just DON'T call me "late for dinner"!!!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Options
    Please call me anything , I'll just be glad to be called something. Friend, buddy, whatever. I'm just glad youse guys talk to me.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    This thread is headed to surpass "Travis's Brisket recipe" in posts and views..
    :-O
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

This thread is headed to surpass "Travis's Brisket recipe" in posts and views..
    :-O
    This thread only needs 342,000 more views to catch up. :))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    It's not going to get 342,000 more views unless it's gets bumped to the top! :-h
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @StillSmoken‌
    No need in a cook off. Cazzy is a excellent cook. He has more than proved that on numerous occasions. I don't feel that I can cook any better than anyone here. I just enjoy trying to help anyone who needs a little assistance. There are several very accomplished cooks on this forum. That being said when they speak I listen. I honestly don't have anything at all against him. For my part all is good. If I saw him broke down on the side of the road I would stop and help him just as I would anyone else. Things have got a little carried away as of late. It's my hope that all of this stops and we all can get along and help each other. After all that's what this forum is suppose to be used for. Not bashing fellow cooks. I do consider all of you my friends. I always have. I would only like the favor to be returned in kind. Nothing more. I have no bad intentions on this forum. I'm just here to help all who ask for it. Nothing more my friends.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Only thing I care about is, you're really a raiders fan, right @SGH‌ no one would lie about that.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    This is like a pro-wrestling storyline. Cazzy and SGH are just setting us up so they can take our money on a Sunday Night PPV. Well done fellas. I'll buy.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• SGH
    Options
    @BYS1981‌
    Been a Raider fan since I was 5 years old. Always really liked Lester Hayes due to the stickem. Do you remember that?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Chris_Wang‌
    Listen brother. It's my hope that all this rhetoric is over. I never understood it from the beginning. For my part I'm done with it. It's obvious that I can't make everyone like me. God knows I have tried but to no avail. That being said a lot of folks do like me. I will keep posting my cooks and giving advice as long as there is some who enjoy and welcome it. As far as SGH vs cazzy I'm through with it. He is the winner as far as I'm concerned. I just want to post my cooks and give help to those who need it. Nothing more. People who don't like me well they have the option of not clicking on my post. That would solve the problem right there. Again I hope all this stops. Cazzy is a very accomplished cook and has as much right to be here as anyone. But so do I. I have never bothered him or said anything about him until yesterday and everyone knows it. He has not showed me the same kindness for months. I never wanted any of this nonsense to happen. Maybe now it will end and we all can get back to the order at hand. Producing good quality Q and helping our brothers and sisters that are in need. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

Status- Standing by.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    SGH said:

@BYS1981‌
    Been a Raider fan since I was 5 years old. Always really liked Lester Hayes due to the stickem. Do you remember that?

Lester and the soul patrol are before my time, but I've seen plenty of him and met old man Wilie and Mr. Raider, which was awesome.
  • SGH
    Options
    @BYS1981‌
    Hope they do better this year.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @BYS1981‌
    We are about the only Raider fans on here correct?

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hey yo Twitty.
    A real man's man Johny C

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I apologize. Oh wait. Nope no I don't :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    Johnny was great!!

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Is
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014