Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What will you not eat?

Options
johnkitchens
johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
All of this Donkey meat talk got me to wondering what some of you would or I guess wouldn't eat. 

I will not eat: donkey, fox, snake, horse, mountain oysters, brains, (or any other organ for that matter), possum, raccoon (I tried once as a kid), squirrel (I also ate this as a kid), frog legs (I ate this as a kid) or chitterlings (I also ate this as a kid). 

I guess there is a lot of stuff on my list that I have eaten before, but would not eat again. 

What about you? What is it that you just can't bring yourself to eat? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments

• marysvilleegger
    Options
    Pickled Herring.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Crow
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Crow
    Supposedly it will be served on Sunday right?

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Won't eat brains or eyeballs...there are others that i have tried and didn't care for but never tried and won't try these 2
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Liver
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What I alluded to not being willing to try while in China was packaged penis, I can't remember from what animal.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    so far its just been liver but i see no reason to try brains or mountain oysters. horse and donkey i would try, rattlesnake was pretty good. no way with donkey taint unless it was turned to jello, once you see jello getting made you can eat most things
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    DMW said:
    What I alluded to not being willing to try while in China was packaged penis, I can't remember from what animal.
    Does the type of animal even matter? That is the stuff of nightmares!

• DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    Did that really matter?
    Nope, not to me. :D
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Liver.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Overcooked red meat. Yuck. well done is garbage.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've never had the opportunity to try some of the things you guys are saying no to. I'd at least TRY most of them though. The only things I can think of that I'd be reluctant to try are some of the creatures that Zimmern eats.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    They have wild game suppers down here and a lot of what I won't eat is served. People have told me how good rattle snake is, but I can't eat it. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    +5 or so on Liver. I probably wouldn't eat brains either.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    Lamb
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    timekpr1 said:
    Lamb
    Funny you mention that. My 15 year old son begged me to grill lamb for him so I did. He loved it, but I wouldn't try it. 

He has been wanting me to cook more for him. I told him it smelled like sweat to me. I couldn't eat it. 

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    if its cooked right i would try it@Fred19Flintstone im in the Canadaian miltary and im a cook and our food is good
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Liver is a filter.... It's a no for me!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• DMW
    Options
    @cook861 I'm fairly certain Fred meant MIL=Mother In Law. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I'd try almost anything. I might cut it short at animal penises but I've had lots of "Rooster Fries" at the Nashville Stockyards restaurant - they're delicious. I love most offal - liver, kidneys and so on. I often cook braised rabbit (not yet in the egg) in Pernod and tarragon, so squirrel can't be too far off. Game birds are some of my favorite things.
    I know - I don't like yellow squash.
    ^#(^

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• johnkitchens
    Options
    @DMW I think he did too! 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Don't ask woody.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cajuncook
    cajuncook Posts: 99
    Options
    Home delivery pizza and bad BBQ.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Liver, s(crap)le, and any animal organs.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Bell peppers. Over cooked cabbage. Canned okra.

Considering what cats will eat, prob'ly not cat. Considering that dogs like their food the second time around after they up-chuck, prob'ly not dog.

• DMW
    Options

Liver, s(crap)le, and any animal organs.

Scrapple, what's wrong with sausage, cornmeal, and spices??? Sorry, scrapple is my favorite breakfast meat. I wonder how a whole loaf smoked would turn out...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I'll eat about anything (with maybe the exception being like dog and 100 yr eggs, or those egg fetus things) but honestly the one thing I can't stand is Catfish. It's such an ugly fish I can't get over that image even when it's all fried up
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Liver, kidney, tongue, brain, heart, stomach, eyeballs, rectum, or intestines of any animal.  Rocky Mountain Oysters are wonderful pounded, breaded and fried.  A staple at a branding in Nebraska.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen