Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow!, thanks to everyone here.....

Options

First of all, I finally got approved to be a member and this is my very first post.  Although I am new here, I have been egging for around 8 yrs.  First egg was a medium, and then added a Large to the collection about 4 yrs ago when a store was closing and all there eggs were 1/2 off......WHY I didn't buy 1 of every size I still don't know!  Still kicking myself as I am considering an XL currently.

Anyway, Just wanted mostly to give everyone here a sincere Thank You for all the great advice on this forum.  Also a special thank you to whoever it was (can't remember who) that posted about thermapen having an open box special a couple weeks ago.  I had been wanting one forever and now finally have one and I can't believe I ever got by without one.

Thanks Guys!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Welcome aboard, lets see some pictures of your set up and cooks!

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Welcome. Looking forward to see some of your cooks.
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Thanks guy!  I will definatly be posting some pics.  Just gotta figure out how, I am VERYYY computer illiterate!

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Welcome to the forum - you already know the lifestyle. I look forward to your experienced cooks.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We are glad to have you here! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Welcome!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • EGGjlmh
    Options
    Welcome to the forum - you already know the lifestyle. I look forward to your experienced cooks.
    I appreciate your kind words....but.....many, many of you all here are much better cooks, I learn so much from here.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome. Pics of everything.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EGGjlmh
    Options
    henapple said:
    Welcome. Pics of everything.

Will do!

Thanks

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Welcome and good buy on the them open
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    Where you from @EGGjlmh
    Beaufort, SC
  • EGGjlmh
    Options
    Where you from @EGGjlmh

Southern Indiana, and its HOT out today

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

First of all, I finally got approved to be a member and this is my very first post.  Although I am new here, I have been egging for around 8 yrs.  First egg was a medium, and then added a Large to the collection about 4 yrs ago when a store was closing and all there eggs were 1/2 off......WHY I didn't buy 1 of every size I still don't know!  Still kicking myself as I am considering an XL currently.

Anyway, Just wanted mostly to give everyone here a sincere Thank You for all the great advice on this forum.  Also a special thank you to whoever it was (can't remember who) that posted about thermapen having an open box special a couple weeks ago.  I had been wanting one forever and now finally have one and I can't believe I ever got by without one.

Thanks Guys!

Welcome to the official forum!! You should try and go to an eggfest sometime if you haven't already been. They're amazing!! 
  • EGGjlmh
    Options

Never been to an eggfest but there is one in Indy and one in Lousiville next month and will try to hit at least one of them.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

First egg was a medium, and then added a Large to the collection about 4 yrs ago when a store was closing and all there eggs were 1/2 off......WHY I didn't buy 1 of every size I still don't know!  Still kicking myself as I am considering an XL currently.

Well, you're kicking yourself for not buying one of each Egg size, I HOPE you bought one of each color of Thermapen!  
    :D 

Welcome!  Posting pics on this particular forum can be persnickety but there's lots of help, fire away!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Welcome aboard my friend!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Welcome... Looking forward to your cooks and pics
  • EGGjlmh
    Options
    Botch said:
    EGGjlmh said:

First egg was a medium, and then added a Large to the collection about 4 yrs ago when a store was closing and all there eggs were 1/2 off......WHY I didn't buy 1 of every size I still don't know!  Still kicking myself as I am considering an XL currently.

Well, you're kicking yourself for not buying one of each Egg size, I HOPE you bought one of each color of Thermapen!  
    :D 

Welcome!  Posting pics on this particular forum can be persnickety but there's lots of help, fire away!  

Wow, took the words right out of my mouth, I just bought a blue thermapen (no backlight)  and was now thinking I need 2 thermapens with backlight.

• EGGjlmh
    Options

BTW,

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    welcome
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now