Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SGH Has Returned!!

TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Brother Texan I have not returned yet. I'm fixing to go dark again until the 27th. Just here throwing a little more bait in the trap. But know that I love you my brother. And I will never leave nor forsake my brothers and sisters. I will always be here for y'all. See you on the 27th my friend. Hoping you post some more lobsters then!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2014
    Welcome back @SGH   :))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    @cazzy‌
    Thank you so very kindly my friend. I can't hang around long but I will be back on the 27th. I have something that I think you will love. Please don't miss it my friend. It's for you more than anyone else!! Until then brother take care.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    @SGH, any chance you could hold off until the 28th? We've got a lot of family stuff going on on the 27th.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    For you brother I sure will. The 28th it is my friend. I sure have missed you brother Texan. You are one of my favorites.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @SGH Welcome back! Looking forward toward the big cook on the 28th!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Thank you so very kindly my friend. I can't hang around long but I will be back on the 27th. I have something that I think you will love. Please don't miss it my friend. It's for you more than anyone else!! Until then brother take care.
    Looking forward to it.  I'll pick up a freshly trimmed crow that morning, just in case.   ;)
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    @SGH, I'm an idiot! I was looking at the August calendar and not July. The 27th does work for me; as does the 28th. I apologize for the confusion. Proceed on whatever date works best for you. Looking forward to what you have in store for us!
    Welcome back! We have missed you. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    @DMW‌
    It's not so much of a cook as it is a master plan unfolding that myself and a few other forum members have been working on for quite some time. It's for a very special forum member. Please know that I have missed you brother. Be looking on the 28th my friend. Quick question. What is a good seasoning for crow? Got a couple that I want to smoke? Thanks in advance.

Status- Standing by.

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    I think @cazzy‌ finally figured out SGH password and is getting us all riled up.
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    Me and @cazzy are one and the same!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• SGH
    @damnedhooligan‌
    That's a one!!

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    @SGH said, " Quick question. What is a good seasoning for crow? "

Sage, oh wise one.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    SGH said:
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    So who wins the windsock award? 

You know, opinion changes with the prevailing wind?  Alternates between 'how dare he fool us...let's get him!!!' and 'SGH is the best, I've always loved his cooks and value everything he says'

Lots of good competition out there, but who was truly outstanding?
  • SGH
    Sage?? Come on man!

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    SGH said:

I called it first. :D
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy

SGH said:

:-\"
  • SGH
    SGH & brother @cazzy‌. Friends at last!!!

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    SGH said:
    Sage?? Come on man!
    OK. A LOT of Cayenne Pepper…….

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• SGH
    That's more like it brother !!! I taught you well my friend!!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    When I was young I had to eat crow at granddad farm. Prefer to not ever eat it again
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    @badinfluence‌
    It's actually pretty good with cayenne.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @badinfluence‌
    I'm actually cooking 4 crows this Saturday. No joke.

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    @SGH well grandma was not a very good cook to begin with God rest her soul
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    @badinfluence‌
    Not bragging my friend but I'm a decent cook or so I have been told. Now that being said I cook crow like a champ!! If I can't cook nothing else I can cook crow my friend!!!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    SGH said:
    That's more like it brother !!! I taught you well my friend!!! ;)
    Sage = wise  

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• SGH
    @badinfluence‌
    You just have me a good idea. When I return on the 27th I will let my inaugural cook be some smoked crows. Thank you for that fine idea. That's why I love you brother!!!

Status- Standing by.