Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Attempt at Chicken Wings

10 lbs. chicken wings Lawrys Poultry rub Garlic pepper Set up: Temp 350 Raised Direct We will see how this goes. More pictures as we progress
Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Going to be some good eating!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Won't work. When they are finished, ship to me, I will take care of them. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Those look awesome. Almost look likes they are battered.

Little Rock, AR

• KJWILD
    KJWILD Posts: 95
    DMV, I a really enjoying the eggsperience. This cooker is amazing and with all the help from folks like you, I don't really see how newbies could go wrong. Not much effort on today's wings. However, I am looking forward to trying some of the awesome wing recipes I have researched on here. I figured if these simple wings turn out great, then imagine what they could be like with a little more time and effort.
    Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014
  • KJWILD
    Wings just came off and I must say they are great. Gonna use some franks for some and a Caribbean Jerk for some.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Awesome!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Wings on the egg are the best! If you like sticky wings, you can toss them with your favorite sauce in a mixing bowl and put back on the egg for 5-10 minutes.

Yum, nice looking wings you got there!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    If I turn my monitor upside down it looks juuuuuuuuuust right.
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @KJWILD‌
    That's some fine looking wings you got there my friend. Excellent job!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Good looking wings you cooked there.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Wings are awesome on the egg.  Looks pretty awesome to me.  How long did you put them on for?  
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• KJWILD
    Cooked them for about 35 minutes. They were delicious.
  • KJWILD
    Thank you to all for the great comments.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Looks great.......my first wing cook ended in disaster.  Fat dripped onto the plate setter and flared up charring the things to a crisp.  I picked thru what I could but was still hungry.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Looks great.......my first wing cook ended in disaster.  Fat dripped onto the plate setter and flared up charring the things to a crisp.  I picked thru what I could but was still hungry.  
    I've always done mine raised direct so that's not been a problem I've had.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks Great - this is on my list of cooks to try!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Yea.....I'll never make that mistake again.  I may be dumb but I ain't stupid.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

Yea.....I'll never make that mistake again.  I may be dumb but I ain't stupid.

Hmmm... I always cook my wings indirect but I have a drip pan on my platesetter. I don't appreciate the taste of too much fat dripping on the charcoal (like when cooking wings).