Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raleigh NC -- LOOKOUT!!!

Options
Stunning news from Raleigh.  In fact, just around the corner from my house.  A restaurant is opening in the old Lucky 32 building called (WAIT FOR IT) Kamado Grille!  Here is a link to an article.  No details so far beyond what's here that I can find.  But I wonder if the owner knows who lives around the corner?  :-)

The Naked Whiz

Comments

• jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this!
    Durham, NC
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I want reviews from the authority on all things ceramic kamado. Looking forward to this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Let me know- sounds promising
    Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    It's as if it was planned that way! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I almost never go into Raleigh - the food in Durham is so good.  Good to know I'll soon have an excuse to head over there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Sure you will be your usual objective self, somehow it is kinda ironic that one of the national experts on kamado grills finds out through a news article. Might be no shortage of "comp" meals in this for you...... ;))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Love your site, can't wait for your next review.
    Jacksonville FL
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    I see a Triangle EggFest host location emerging!

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This is definitely one place that I will not wear any BGE, Komodo Kamado or Primo wearables!

They might give me some kind of "special sauce" with my meal.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

I almost never go into Raleigh - the food in Durham is so good.  Good to know I'll soon have an excuse to head over there.

The bacon jam and grilled bread at Vin Rouge is among the 5-6 best things I've ever had.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Acn said:
    The bacon jam and grilled bread at Vin Rouge is among the 5-6 best things I've ever had.
    Yes.  We are very spoiled here in Durham.  There are about 10 restaurants I love that weren't here just five years ago.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I'll have to see if I can contact someone and find out what kind of cookers he will be using, and what sort of menu he'll be having.  If anyone hears anything, let me know please.  Otherwise, I might have to just go camp out in the parking lot and wait for someone who "acts like he owns the place"   :))
    The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options

I'll have to see if I can contact someone and find out what kind of cookers he will be using, and what sort of menu he'll be having.  If anyone hears anything, let me know please.  Otherwise, I might have to just go camp out in the parking lot and wait for someone who "acts like he owns the place"   :))
    Hey, Doug,
    Can't you just call Joseph Dunn and ask him point blank? I just assume you hobnob with folks there in Raleigh that can plunk down $1.6 million to buy a place like that!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Well, I figure if the guy won't call the newspaper back, he might not call me back.  But it's a thought.  Call, leave a message that "The Naked Whiz" wants to talk to him. When his secretary presses me for a name, I say, "He'll know what it's about."  Har har!
    The Naked Whiz
  • nolan8v
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,

I wonder if Richard Johnson is somehow involved in this endeavor.

This sounds like his normal way of doing business based on my personal experiences with him about repairing my old Kamado K9 years ago (http://www.kamadocompany.com/).
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • nolan8v
    edited July 2014
    Options
    hapster,

I doubt it.

If SGH was Richard Johnson, we would have seen at least one photo of his manufactured Kamado cooker.

Richard Johnson will not miss an opportunity to market his products.
    Chris Rose 

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    nolan8v said:
    The Naked Whiz,

I wonder if Richard Johnson is somehow involved in this endeavor.

This sounds like his normal way of doing business based on my personal experiences with him about repairing my old Kamado K9 years ago (http://www.kamadocompany.com/).
    Oh please say it ain't so, lol.  I want this to be a successful enterprise.  
    The Naked Whiz
  • jimreed777
    jimreed777 Posts: 324
    Options
    Cool. 6 minutes away. We will have to try it. New joint in wake forest opened on July 15. Farm to table. Incredible food.