Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

USED: LBGE

Options

Comments

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    I traveled 2 hours to get a similar setup the guy decided to get a Stumps. I paid $500 no friend no warranty
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I guess I don't understand why people sell a egg to either get a bigger egg or get a different cooker. You will regret getting rid of it as at some point you will be doing a low and slow and want to do bread or something at a higher temp.

You can NEVER have too many eggs. Just sayin
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    I guess I don't understand why people sell a egg to either get a bigger egg or get a different cooker. You will regret getting rid of it as at some point you will be doing a low and slow and want to do bread or something at a higher temp. You can NEVER have too many eggs. Just sayin

Guess that's a plus for me and exactly why I want a second LBGE
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    beteez said:
    I traveled 2 hours to get a similar setup the guy decided to get a Stumps. I paid $500 no friend no warranty

Great deal, thanks for the info
  • badinfluence
    Options

I guess I don't understand why people sell a egg to either get a bigger egg or get a different cooker. You will regret getting rid of it as at some point you will be doing a low and slow and want to do bread or something at a higher temp.

You can NEVER have too many eggs. Just sayin

Guess that's a plus for me and exactly why I want a second LBGE

And another plus is you have 2 do the same size so if the used one cracks Humm I forgot which was which I think the one that cracked was the one I bought new.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Shhhh, you are a bad influence
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I have a used Egg bought from a family member, so I know the angles being discussed.  I am amazed however; at how often this site, hosted by BGE, discusses ways to get around BGE warranties.  I am not without sin, so I cannot cast stones, but come on, don't talk about it here.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• badinfluence
    Options
    Not me....just a bad memory. I have only bought 2 eggs used 1 from @Richy777 and the other my dealer sold me HIS used egg when he bought a pellet grill....yeah i know. So I think I'm covered.

Was really sad when he added everything up I could have bought a new car for the price. Thank god I don't need a new car. :D

Clinton, Iowa
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    I don't understand the big concern about the warranty, are we having that many problems with our eggs? Mine is six years old and made one 300 mile move. Are the newer ones that fragile
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I have never had 1 warranty claim on any of my eggs but i rairly go above 600. And only have i done that a handful of times.

Clinton, Iowa
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I don't understand the big concern about the warranty, are we having that many problems with our eggs? Mine is six years old and made one 300 mile move. Are the newer ones that fragile
    Because **** happens. And, part of the value (i.e. cost) of buying a new egg is the warranty.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I'll be bringing the egg home next Sunday afternoon. If you see a white truck with an egg strapped down in the bed on I-80 EB or I-65 SB it's me. Slow down and say hello, better yet take a picture and post it here
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    I'd err on the high side.  You can't put a price on friendship

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • badinfluence
    Options

I'll be bringing the egg home next Sunday afternoon. If you see a white truck with an egg strapped down in the bed on I-80 EB or I-65 SB it's me. Slow down and say hello, better yet take a picture and post it here

If I see you broke down I will save the egg. :))

Clinton, Iowa
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Have him set the price and pay what he asks, that way he can't come back and say I sold that too cheap. You paid  what he asked for it.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @midwestsmoker - where are you from?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Farbuck said:
    I'd err on the high side.  You can't put a price on friendship

So very true which is why I started this thread, thank you.
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    If I see you broke down I will save the egg. :))

That's not funny, I will driving a F.O.R.D.
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Have him set the price and pay what he asks, that way he can't come back and say I sold that too cheap. You paid  what he asked for it.

He threw out $500 early on and from what I've seen here and some other research that's on the low side of normal
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    @midwestsmoker - where are you from?

Originally, I'm from the Chicagoland area
  • flexfusion
    flexfusion Posts: 240
    Options
    I think no more than $650. 
    Auburn, Alabama
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Ok, here is what I'm getting for $500. 8 month old LBGE, ceramic cap, daisy wheel, nest w/handler, egg mates, ash tool, extra screen, cover, plate setter. And he cleaned it for me. Just for the record: I know this is a bargain price (steal) but we are always buying Eggcessories along with rubs, sauces and various other things for each other. I plan on buying him a 2 tier swing grate or spider, which ever he chooses, NOT PART OF THE DEAL, he wouldn't have it that way. Just wanted to explain the friendship we have and how this price would never come between us. A little mushy I know, sorry.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Bromance...I like it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    Bromance...I like it.

Nice
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Humm is he on here...I'd give him 550.00...he he

Clinton, Iowa
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Humm is he on here...I'd give him 550.00...he he

He has been but very much, mostly on the FB site, nice try. Lol
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Loaded up getting ready to head out
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Home safe and sound, all nestled inimageimage
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    $500 is less than half of retail. It would last 1 day on Craigslist up here in CT. $700 is fair and with luck he never registers the egg so you still can.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    jhl192 said:
    $500 is less than half of retail. It would last 1 day on Craigslist up here in CT. $700 is fair and with luck he never registers the egg so you still can.

Got it for $500, long time friend deal. He won't miss it