Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raised Grate Addition

Options
uheep
uheep Posts: 64
I just picked up a raised grate and added it to my list of LBGE accessories. 
North Georgia ~ Large BGE~Charbroil Outdoor Fryer~Big Chief Smoker~All Done
With A Touch Of Classic Rock

Comments

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    uheep said:
    I just picked up a raised grate and added it to my list of LBGE accessories. 
    I made one of these myself out of a cheap smaller grate I got from Academy, and stainless bolts/washers/nuts from Home Depot. The most expensive part, by far, were the bolts/washers/nuts! I might have been better off buying like you did. Works great, though!!

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    I have a couple of those but use a full sized grate for it for more room.  Have you seen Innovations by Chance's "Raiser"?  I just saw it last week at the Porkopolis Eggfest and I liked the design because you can use it as a raised grid OR as a spider rig to hold a 13" grate down by coals for searing.

Just when I think I have all of the accessories that I need, a new one comes along that I have to have!  #EggworldProblems
    :D
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @uheep - where did you pick that one up? It looks very nice and it may just fit in the medium from what I see.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • uheep
    uheep Posts: 64
    Options
    I live very close to http://www.madhatteronlinestore.com/ they are my connection for most of my LBGE stuff. 
    North Georgia ~ Large BGE~Charbroil Outdoor Fryer~Big Chief Smoker~All Done
    With A Touch Of Classic Rock