Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I likely would have killed him

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
I don't think I would have stopped hitting him. Props to the dad and the police for understanding that a dad did what he had to do.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140718/news/140719489?p=1&tc=pg

I will ask though, how did this go on for so long??? Poor lil kid is going to be haunted for the rest of his life. :(
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I loved his comments to the 911 operator.

Child abuse is terrible. The boy knew good and well what he was doing to that child. I'm surprised the Father was able to stop. Not sure if I would have that restraint.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I already told my wife that if anything Ike that happened to Elise; she'd have to be willing to visit me in prison... Cause I'd beat that POS to death...
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I don't think I could have exercised the self-restraint to not kill him either.  Just thinking about my 12 year old son sleeping in his bedroom and wondering what I would do if I stumbled upon him being molested sends shivers down my spine.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I would have killed him. No question about it. He'd be beaten to death.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @cazzy‌ I can promise you I would've used my Stand Your Ground defense. It would've been difficult not beating him and then unloading two or three magazines into that worthless pedophile! What an effing POS!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

This is a BBQ forum.  No offense, but if I wanted to hear about pieces of crap like this pedophile, I would watch the local news.  We come here to share our passion for cooking, pick up recipes & tips and have some light hearted fun, n'est-ce pas?

The seriousness of life's tragedies that directly touches our lives from time to time is a good thing to share.  I want to know if one of my forum friends is hurting, seriously ill or injured.  IMO, news stories about some sh!thead and the awful things he's done doesn't merit re-telling here.   

I know I'm guilty of it too.  Nobody can sucker me into a political debate like nola.

Flint, Michigan
  • cazzy
    Options
    I get what you're saying Fred, but I don't want to shelter you.  That's how people get soft and Wilma needs a strong Fred.   :P
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    In all seriousness Fred, just move past it if you're not interested.  I don't give two shits what any of yall are drinking, about swindling tupperware ladies, liquor laws or hockey.  I don't care what yall post...if I don't like it, I move along.   ;)   

Off Topic is Off Topic.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    OT breaks up the monotony. And this crap happens far too often.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    cazzy said:
    In all seriousness Fred, just move past it if you're not interested.  I don't give two shits what any of yall are drinking, about swindling tupperware ladies, liquor laws or hockey.  I don't care what yall post...if I don't like it, I move along.   ;)   

Off Topic is Off Topic.

Nail head....meet hammer!!

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I get what you're saying Fred, but I don't want to shelter you.  That's how people get soft and Wilma needs a strong Fred.   :P

Sheltered???  I live just outside the #1 Most Dangerous City in America as determined by the FBI.  Well, ok, I'm not sure about this year, but certainly we're in the top 5.  Part of my job is to go in some very scary areas of the city and I'm not allowed to be armed.  Sheltered? I don't think so.

The things you mentioned that I post about (hockey, swindling Tupperware ladies, booze) are fun and or proven to interest people here.  This piece of crap you posted about is the latest outrage from the news.  We can have an outrage story posted everyday, but I'm sure we don't want to take the forum there, do we?  Like I said before, where do we get away from the garbage spewed on the news?  I for one would like it to be here.

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

@cazzy‌ I can promise you I would've used my Stand Your Ground defense. It would've been difficult not beating him and then unloading two or three magazines into that worthless pedophile! What an effing POS!

That's murder, homie. Shoot or beat, not both. If you remove the threat and then shoot, watch out. That may be murder 2.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @cazzy, I remember a couple of years ago when a dad beat a dude to death after he walked in on him molesting/about to molest his daughter. It wound up being self-defense, I believe.
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options

@cazzy, I remember a couple of years ago when a dad beat a dude to death after he walked in on him molesting/about to molest his daughter. It wound up being self-defense, I believe.

Hmm...good to know. I hope the none of us are ever in this scenario.

Regardless what some think...A lot of us are fathers and it makes you think what you would have done. This is a good reminder that you should always be aware of who is with your kids unsupervised...even family members.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Hmm...good to know. I hope the none of us are ever in this scenario. Regardless what some think...A lot of us are fathers and it makes you think what you would have done. This is a good reminder that you should always be aware of who is with your kids unsupervised...ESPECIALLY family members.
    Fixed that for ya. 
    Snipped from Wiki "Most sexual abuse offenders are acquainted with their victims; approximately 30% are relatives of the child, most often brothers, fathers, uncles or cousins; around 60% are other acquaintances, such as "friends" of the family, babysitters, or neighbors; strangers are the offenders in approximately 10% of child sexual abuse cases"
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Options
    I agree. This is why I don't understand why there is not an outcry from Christians for all the abuse committed by those pedophile priests and the cover up by the church.