Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Possible Great Deal on a Slicer

Options
hapster
hapster Posts: 7,503
Got a FB message tonight from a friend of my BILs that owns a large egg. In fact, this was the guy that my BIL told me about that started me on this crazy ride. Once I heard about the egg and started my research, well the rest is history...

That said, this friend has a large but doesn't use it very often. After my BIL told him all about my cooks and the food, he started to message me and ask questions about different cooks etc. I have always tried to help him when he's asked me about butts, briskets, etc. Also told him he should check out this forum as well. Not sure if he has though...

Anyway, he sends me a message and asks me if I would be interested in a free slicer, it runs... So I said sure. He then sent a couple of pictures over, taken with a cell phone of the slicer in question. Not sure how he got it, but my guess is he bought the contents of an old business or something like that. He said he probably wouldn't use it that much and thought I might want to make my own lunch meats etc.

Based on the pictures I think the slicer is a Globe Chefmate G12... It looks like it will take some TLC to get it cleaned up; but that should make the first time I slice up a turkey breast or brisket that much better.

Anyone have any experience with this brand of slicer? Tips on how to restore one that's been neglected for a while?

Here are the pics

Comments