Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easy as can be

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Gotta love some bacon off the BGE. No splatters. No lingering bacon smell in the house. A little extra smoke. No curling.

Good old bacon. Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Agreed.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    You had me at bacon
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    +2.  Did you go direct or indirect? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stemc33
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌ . I went indirect at about 375. Turned it a few times although probably didn't need to. I did have to rotate the middle to the outside due to the outside pieces were getting too crispy.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Consider me inspired sir! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos BLT's for dinner tonight!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • gmoore
    gmoore Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm sorry - did you say "TOO" crispy??

:)
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Man that looks good. My only question is why wouldn't you want a lingering bacon smell in your house. I wish they'd bottle it, make candles, and air fresheners of bacon.

Little Rock, AR

• HokieEgg
    HokieEgg Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Now I have to fire up the Egg and cook some bacon!
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @stemc33‌ I thank your sir for the dinner inspiration. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options

I want that BLT PLEASE
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • stemc33
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌ . Looks eggilicious.

@gmoore‌ . Just the bacon that was overhanging the drip pan. Plus I'm not a big fan of crispy bacon. I like it with a little chew to it.

@Biggreenpharmacist‌ . I like the smell of bacon cooking, just not the left over lingering smell.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @stemc33‌ More more more Bacon! :-bd
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @stemc33‌
    I was just kidding around. My lame sense of humor.

Little Rock, AR

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Right on the grid, very cool.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• stemc33
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton‌ . Right on the grid works really good. My problem is that after laying a row of bacon perpendicular to the grill bars, there's room left aft the bottom. Well we all know what we have to when there's more meat and room left on the grill. One just has to try to get a couple more on by laying them somewhat parallel on the grill. Looks like @GeorgeS‌ did close to the same thing except he's got extra real estate so he can angle the strips better.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Try some APL bacon. It's a winner!!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Man that looks good. My only question is why wouldn't you want a lingering bacon smell in your house. I wish they'd bottle it, make candles, and air fresheners of bacon.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Options
    All looks great..But that sandwich pic is off the charts...Fantastic.

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sounds good but what's the problem with the lingering smell of bacon in the house? Hell, it reminds me of Henapple.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Looks great, always wanted to try this.  Question - Doesn't it create a mess with all that fat dripping?
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @stemc33‌ Sorry man I didn't mean to thread jack you! I just wanted you to know that I had a dinner plan and your bacon pics changed my plans. Your bacon pics made me want a BLT so bad I stopped on the way home for provisions. Never thought of cooking bacon on the grill at home but will be doing it with a lot more frequently now! Thanks for the great idea! :-bd
  • Hogman348
    Hogman348 Posts: 70
    Options
    Try lightly dusting your bacon with your favorite bbq rub prior to cooking. I love all the different flavors you can create. Whats bacon after all but pig, and whats good on pig, rub!

My recent favorite is John Henry's Sugar Maple rub seasoning. Yum!
    Woodstock, GA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Holy cow I want a BLT now
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • stemc33
    Options
    @EggNorth‌ . As long as you use a drip pan, the grease isn't an issue. I get way more fat from a pork butt. Below is a pic of a batch I did before just to show you how the drip pan pretty much catches everything.

@GeorgeS‌ . Never thought of it as thread jacking. It's the same topic, so I look at it like your just adding to it. No worries.

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Sounds good but what's the problem with the lingering smell of bacon in the house? Hell, it reminds me of Henapple.

I love a question that answers itself.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX