Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobstah.......it's what's for dinner oh and steak.

Options
This is my first whole lobster on the grill or in a pot so we shall see how it turns out. Grilled peaches and vanilla ice cream Craig style for dessert. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Steak was awesome. I used a mix of DP Swamp Venom and Red Eye Express. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The hardest part was cutting through the shell but not really a big deal. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Pull out the green stuff, you aren't supposed to eat that and yes I know some people do. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Lobster cook with a mixture of butter, salt, tarragon and chives. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The wife and kids are at the beach but I still heard her in my ear saying "your not really just gonna eat steak and lobster are you" so I made a quick trip to the garden for some golden cherry tomatoes and threw together a salad. Please don't tell her about the bacon on there! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Here it was all finished up! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos This is the recipe I used for the Lobster. http://amazingribs.com/recipes/seafood/grilled_lobster.html Peaches coming up soon!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Looks unbelievable! Great cook I would massacre that!
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    The steak looks great as well as the Lobster. Enjoy!!!
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Thank you very much! It really isn't that hard, give it a try and I guarantee you suprise yourself.
  • GeorgeS
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Peach is served! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I liked this shot down the top even though you cant see the peach. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    That all looks great..Congratulations Love the pics of your cook..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Great meal and awesome pics! Was the lobster alive when you cleaved it in half?
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @hapster‌ Thanks! The first cut goes through the head from just behind the eyes and then forward and straight through the shell. It was still alive until that cut.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Spectacular. One of life's best combinations.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    Very nicely done! =D>

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• GeorgeS
    Options
    Thank you folks! It was nice to not be in a rush or preoccupied with something else while cooking for a change. I usually egg on the weekends and there are usually plenty of people around and other things to do. Love to cook for my family and friends but it was nice to treat myself for a change. I am missing my girls though for sure.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Good for you @GeorgeS. Great looking meal. We had our last Little League game tonight so we had to stop at Dairy Queen after the game. My chicken strip basket had white gravy.... that was my dinner high light! Jealous of your cook for sure. Nice job.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @minniemoh‌ Brother I feel for you! DQ chicken strips are rough for sure! Thank you so much for the compliment.
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @GeorgeS. If you do it again, try a tablespoon of Sambuca in each side of lobster. Sex on a plate!!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Anyone have an XXL?
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq‌ I will do it again for sure but Sambuca is that drink for me will never again cross these lips! Let's just say it doesn't mix well with watermelon shooters. I know I know damn dumb ass teenagers!!

@ChillyWillis‌ If he didn't catch that himself I would hat to see how much it cost!
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    He's a fishmonger in MA who got a hell of a gift. After taking it on a media tour he's releasing it back to the deep.

Some things just aren't meant to be food.

(Also it would have been tough eating meat on a bug ((ME for lobster)) that huge)
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Man I bet he was stoked when he pulled up that monster!
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @GeorgeS. said "@HDumptyEsq‌ I will do it again for sure but Sambuca is that drink for me will never again cross these lips! Let's just say it doesn't mix well with watermelon shooters. I know I know damn dumb ass teenagers!!"

HaHaHa. Been there, done that. Mine was Tequila. But I got right back on that horse.
    :))

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome.  I have used the same technique for tails only but haven't thought of using it for whole lobster.  I like the fact that the green crap gets scraped out.  The claw meat looks killer.  Steak and dessert looks great as well!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GeorgeS
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌ Thank you sir! I loved the lobster and the steak! The claw meat came out awesome on the grill. I'm used to it being more rubbery from eating it in a restaurant but on the grill it had almost the same consistency of a snow crab claw. The peaches weren't my favorite cooked like this. It needed either more cook time or some more flavor. I should have added some kind of liquor. I liked the cobbler in the Dutch over better. But hey ya gotta try new things right?
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice steak and ocean cockroach!  Love the peaches for dessert as well.  Did you put any honey or brown sugar on them?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GeorgeS
    Options
    @saluki2007‌ Thank you! I put a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and unsalted butter. It needed a little something else though. I'll try it again with a little modification.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    GeorgeS said:
    @saluki2007‌ Thank you! I put a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and unsalted butter. It needed a little something else though. I'll try it again with a little modification.
    A little salt...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    GeorgeS said:
    A little salt...lol

That's funny!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Am I the only one that can't see the pictures? Stupid work computer. I'll just imagine it in my head. Yum.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Great looking cook.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Looks great!  I like that you cooked the lobster (I guess) with the cut side up the whole time so the butter could work it's way into the meat and keep things moist.

LBGE/Maryland