Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

She is a keeper

Options
Dobie
Dobie Posts: 3,364
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
Today is our 20th wedding anniversary. Wifey bought me a Cyber Q Wifi. The next 20 years are going to be even better. 
Jacksonville FL

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    You're a lucky dog @Dobie‌ !
    Flint, Michigan
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats to you and your Mrs. Chris. Happy 20th & to many more my friend. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    My wife also got me the cyberq wifi for our anniversary! Albeit, not our 20th (our 2nd). Congrats!!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @Dobie. You know she's only making an investment to ensure the next twenty. Good score.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Dobie
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone I am a lucky dog, thanks!

I cant wait to whip this thing out into action (Nice slow pitch for @NPHuskerFL right over the plate)

@fence0407 you're years ahead of me in your relationship buddy!

@HDumptyEsq shes making a good investment alright, I'm the cook around here and getting better with the BGE.

Oh and I am waiting on delivery from Firecraft on an order of lump, sauces and rubs today.

Good Times!

Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Dobie‌ =)) That was a slow pitch.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I will speed up the pitch next time, I know your the designated hitter around here LOL!
    Jacksonville FL
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Dobie said:
    @NPHuskerFL I will speed up the pitch next time, I know your the designated hitter around here LOL!
    A longer arm swing and bending your back when you finish will help increase the velocity on your pitches...
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Dobie
    Options
    @fence0407 I'm just waiting on @NPHuskerFl to correct my grammar at this point....
    Jacksonville FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Dobie said:
    A longer arm swing and bending your back when you finish will help increase the velocity on your pitches...
    Don't forget the leg kick. It's necessary for the balls' extra english.

Did I put that apostrophe in the wrong spot?
  • Dobie
    Options
    Fedex just delivered my Firecraft order. Big box and looked great on the outside.... inside two bags of Rockwood with fist sized holes it them and lots of charcoal chips and dust covering everything. Had to clean off my rubs and sauce jars and tape up the bags. Made a nice mess but nothing I couldn't clean up. Got some fuel and seasonings to try out now.
    Jacksonville FL
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Congrats on your anniversary!! Yahoo on the toys. Enjoy!!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Dobie said:

@fence0407 I'm just waiting on @NPHuskerFl to correct my grammar at this point....

Chris I don't bust on grammar. At least not purposely.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Congrats on the anniversary, 20 is quite an accomplishment today. Enjoy the Cyber Q. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Dobie said:

Fedex just delivered my Firecraft order. Big box and looked great on the outside.... inside two bags of Rockwood with fist sized holes it them and lots of charcoal chips and dust covering everything. Had to clean off my rubs and sauce jars and tape up the bags. Made a nice mess but nothing I couldn't clean up. Got some fuel and seasonings to try out now.

Not a fan of FedEx. My last order online I specifically asked for UPS and was told they only use FedEx. Myself, Son, Wife and Mother were all at home. I was in the backyard. Dude didn't even honk just stuck a missed you sticker on the drive thru gate. 5 vehicles were in the driveway and this moron doesn't think anybody is home...horse $hi+! That has happened several times with them. Yesterday had a shipment from them coming and I mounted a ridiculously large sign on the gate that read FedEx we are home don't leave without giving us our parcel. Please place on the ground next to gate. Never had an issue with our UPS guy. I'm sure each driver is different but, I have nothing positive on the FedEx side.

My FedEx guy:
    Grown ups 2 cable scene: http://youtu.be/-nwWbDe_How

Yours:
    Ace Ventura Smashes Package: http://youtu.be/2Q6_9A90cUk

Or

Deliveries gone wild: http://youtu.be/lM3SRG7D21Y

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Options
    FEdEx isn't bad here but I seldom get them. Most stuff I order is delivered UPS but they run late in my area. The problem was not the carrier fault that I can tell the outside of the box was not torn or smashed but inside I had three loose bottles of Dizzy Pig rubs, two jars of Blues Hog and 4 bags of lump. The 2 bags of Rockwood had holes in the bag and the dust, some chips went everywhere. Either the Rockwood had holes in the bags to begin with or the loose Dizzy Pig containers somehow helped punch them with handling. Firecraft wrapped the BH in bubble wrap and they were fine. Just made a mess to clean the black lump dust off the jars. Anyhow I'm excited to try some Rockwood, Ozark Oak and some Dizzy Pig seasonings. Mrs Dobie and I just got back from Ruth Chris and let someone else do the cooking tonight. It's all good.
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Dobie‌ which RC? PVB or at the Crowne Plaza?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Congrats on 20 years and the much better half ;)

No shipping issues with FedEx or UPS from Firecraft... Luckily I live close to them and just pick up my orders. Means I get to bust up my stuff myself :))
  • Dobie
    Options
    Crowne Plaza, we both had the fillet. Yum.
    Jacksonville FL
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    If she really loved you she would have bought you a PitMaster! Lol!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Dobie
    Options
    Thanks @hapster she's put up with me all these years and that's a big deal. She is definitely the better half. Firecrafts shipping was free and I can't get the RW around here so unless the stuff is pulverized I'm sure it will be good fuel.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I would have been more impressed had you bought her a Cyber Q! 

Seriously, congrats on the 20th! You've got a keeper!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Dobie‌ I would seriously like for your wife to talk to mine. Our anniversary is next month. [-O<
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Thanks @hapster she's put up with me all these years and that's a big deal. She is definitely the better half. Firecrafts shipping was free and I can't get the RW around here so unless the stuff is pulverized I'm sure it will be good fuel.

Sorry to hear about the busted up bags.  Any damage that occurs between us and Firecraft in PA always gets reported.  Their shipment that arrived yesterday had 3 bags with "forklift rash".  We will process an insurance claim for them, and those bags will not be shipped.  They have great customer service, give Brad a call or email if you're at all upset about it.

If you have problems next time, you should be able to order the 20# bags from any Ace in FL north of I-10 using SKU: 8400772.

• Dobie
    Options
    @stlcharcoal I'm not going to make a big deal of it and probably shouldn't have posted anything here.  No need to go any further. I am a couple miles south of I-10 so I appreciate the tip on ordering through Ace, might be the ticket. If I order lump and other stuff again with Firecraft I may just request a separate box inside the master case for the small items so they aren't moving around loose inside if the coal springs a leak.  Looking forward to cooking with Rockwood. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Firemedic6
    Options
    Congratulations on the new CyberQ! I just got mine and I just did my first cook using it and the chickens turned out really good. 
    Erik Rhodes

XLBGE, A LOT of toys (iGrill 2, cast iron plate setter, grill light, Smokeware Stainless Steel Cap, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack, CyberQ)
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    If you have problems next time, you should be able to order the 20# bags from any Ace in FL north of I-10 using SKU: 8400772.
    Any chance of Rockwood charcoal south of I-10 .. specifically some close to Orlando?

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    Any chance of Rockwood charcoal south of I-10 .. specifically some close to Orlando?

Maybe......right now the only two Ace warehouses we ship to are the Loxley, AL and Gainesville, GA ones.  Orlando would be the Tampa warehouse.  If we choose to continue business with Ace and expand their coverage area, that would probably be the next region to add.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @stlcharcoal‌ It would be awesome if you could get in with Hagan Ace Hardware group here in Jax, FL and surrounding area locations. All they carry at most of them currently is BGE and Cowboy brand.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014