Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sometimes the wife cooks

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

Figured with Mrs. G being out of town last week for work (early Sat morning to late Satruday night), the lsat thing she would want to do is cook. So I was totally prepared...sorta...but she had her mind set on ciopinno. She's never cooked it, and I've never eaten it, but DAMN was it good. Had chorizo, monkfish, skrimps and mussels. I was in heaven. Might try and replicate it on the Egg next time.

I'll admit, I've been in a slump lately, but her cook and some of the things I saw on here this weekend and this morning have motivated me to step it up and get my but in gear. Gonna look at a few more posts, but after that I brought in some cook books to work this morning for inspiration. Since my machine is down, figure it will pass the time as I sit her on my rear end and do nothing for the next 7.5 hours...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options

Looks fantastic Griffin. 

Sorry to hear about the slump, we all have 'em once in awhile though.  If it makes you feel any better; Without YOUR posts here - I'd have never added fish sauce to my burgers, which has had me spinning out the my best burgers to date!  So Cheers to @Griffin!

[Insert clever signature line here]
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Say it ain't so
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn that looks good. Mine has trouble with hamburger helper. :-w
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Griffin
    Options

Thanks @BRush00 That means a lot. The wife actually told me last time (and said she told me before, but I mighta been drinking) to not add fish sauce to her burgers anymore. Said she can't taste it and doesn't want the extra sodium. Oh well, I'll make mine, she can make hers.

@travisstrick it's so. Wait...what are we talking about.

@Jeremiah my condolences. I nicknamed my wife the Casserole Queen when we were dating. She can whip up some mean casseroles. Unfortunately, casseroles tend to have loads of carbs, so we don't eat 'em much anymore. Lately, she's been on a soup kick.

Rowlett, Texas

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Griffin said:

... to not add fish sauce to her burgers anymore. Said she can't taste it and doesn't want the extra sodium.

Same here. A ton of sodium for little or no flavor enhancement. Doc says to reduce the salt anyway.

Love cioppino! And your wife's version looks great!! Don't recall chorizo in it though, just seafood.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    That looks delicious!

How's Mrs. G doing these days?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks great! My teenager volunteered to cook supper yesterday. I bought some brats for tonight, but she wanted to cook those. She doesn't egg and doesn't care to. So she pulls out the old George Forman and did a nice job. Green beans (frozen) & Kraft Mac & cheese doctored with bacon bits finished the meal. I'm proud she put together something edible.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Griffin
    Options

@TexanOfTheNorth she's doing real good. Thursday was 16 weeks Finally getting past a tired stage. Thankfully, no nausea. Knock on wood. Thanks for asking. Did I mention it's a boy?!?!?!

@Fred19Flintstone Doesn't care to? We can always hope that changes, but her stepping up and cooking a whole meal is awesome! Can't wait to teach mine someday.

Rowlett, Texas

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Yep. It's funny about the standards we place on ourselves as opposed to the standards we place on others. She doesn't cook very often so this was a proud win for her. If I cooked Kraft Mac & cheese for the family, I would be down on myself for serving it.

A win is a win and all I had to do was sit back and drink beer. A fine meal it was!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options

Hey Jason

Great looking meal

Went through a bit of a slump too, it happens

Did not know you guys were having a baby!!

That's awesome man, Congrats

Shane

• Griffin
    Options
    Thanks @MrHolloway Been missing your posts. How the two pooches doing?

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If I wasn't in Conn. right this min I would head to your house. I always liked Stacie better anyway :x
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Options
    Most people do @Mickey . Most people do. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options

Holloway is teachin Wilson the ropes very well and ole man Chase is still with us

:)