Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our 1st Cedar plank Salmon

Options
Here is our 1st Cedar plank Salmon with onions & asparagus. Everything went well.

New Owner XL BGE 07/03/2014
Middle, TN

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I would say so!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I see you're 'scaling' up your cooks! Looks luverly

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• mcgyver210
    mcgyver210 Posts: 67
    Options
    HDumptyEsq

Thanks   Hmm....What was wrong with our other cooks?=))

I know the Pizza could have been better but it was OK I guess.

Middle, TN
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @mcgyver. I just like to play with words - just jerking your chain. ;)
    Where in Middle Tennessee?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• mcgyver210
    Options
    HDumptyEsq

No problem I can take it as long as others can also.

We are in Goodlettsville fairly close to you it seems. My business takes me to your area frequently.
    Middle, TN
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice! I have never done the asparagus on a plank. What kind of plank is that? Good looking meal, and good for you.
  • mcgyver210
    Options
    pgprescott

Thanks the planks were cedar planks from Costco. Putting asparagus on the plank was wife idea & it did give them a different flavor. 

We may never do any Lo n slow since we are Semi-Vegetarians but we can try other things out with Chicken, Turkey, Seafood & Veggies of course. 
    Middle, TN
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice- I did some tonight as well. Wild salmon cooked with DP raging river- I also blackened two pieces- RR has been my go to for salmon with the kids but the wife and I really enjoyed the change up.
    Greensboro, NC
  • mcgyver210
    Options
    Wolfpack

Great Minds think alike :)) We always get Wild Caught my wife doesn't like Farm Raised. 
    Middle, TN
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I've never been a salmon fan, myself, but my brother brought some salmon and lobster tails over. The salmon went on the cedar planks and the tails went on the grill, raised direct. Here's a pic:

Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • mcgyver210
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I've never been a salmon fan, myself, but my brother brought some salmon and lobster tails over. The salmon went on the cedar planks and the tails went on the grill, raised direct. Here's a pic:

That looks Awesome!!!!!!! Salmon & Grouper are my Favs.
    Middle, TN
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    Looks excellent!  Nice cook...
    Long Island, NY
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options

It really was good. Just S&P on the salmon and butter with Old Bay on the tails. The salmon was basted in a soy sauce, brown sugar glaze. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    Must have been the night for planked salmon! Made it tonight with DP Mediterraneanish. Cooked @ 400 until salmon reached 135. Excellent!
  • mcgyver210
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This just happen to be what my wife   :x wanted for her Birthday dinner tonight. She decided she would rather Grill than go anywhere.
    Middle, TN
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options

This just happen to be what my wife :x wanted for her Birthday dinner tonight. She decided she would rather Grill than go anywhere. 

We very seldom go out for dinner anymore. Prefer to egg a great meal and enjoy a bottle of wine with it.
  • mcgyver210
    edited July 2014
    Options
    dihtn

We did a gut remodel on Kitchen & built a 650sq' elevated deck last year giving my wife the kitchen she has always wanted & all of us an Awesome Deck to watch movies, eat & play on. We also don't like to eat out much.

She decided she wanted the BGE for her Birthday (July 13th) & also for our 24th Anniversary Jul 20th which was fine with me. She just said tonight she never would have thought we would use it this much already. but she loves it so far. We have went thru almost 3 bags of Lump so far.

Incidentally we don't drink but we decorated with Wine in Kitchen go figure :)=))
    Middle, TN