Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lodging - Stone Mtn

Other than the couple of Stone Mtn hotels, where else is nice to stay?  Don't really want to stay in downtown Atlanta.

Comments

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    I thought the host Marriott was nice last year. Depends on your plans. You could stay near Stone Mountain for the fest and head up to the mountains before or after.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• gregg204
    gregg204 Posts: 23
    Hic said:
    I thought the host Marriott was nice last year. Depends on your plans. You could stay near Stone Mountain for the fest and head up to the mountains before or after.
    Do you think this Marriott will offer an Eggtoberfest rate?
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    There is a decent hotel near I-285 at Lavista Road (Doubletree Hotel).

It is about a ten minute drive from this location to Stone Mountain Park.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Thanks!  The host hotels (within the park are $$$$) from what I'm seeing.
  • Bigpop1
    Bigpop1 Posts: 9
    Unless the lodging prices come down I will not make the egg October festival the stone man area is to high dollar area. I guess I will be going to Southern Ground Music and Food Festival
  • Bigpop1
    They need to find a better location. Go back to the speedway
  • Bigpop1
    I paid $99.00 or $129.00 last year for the Marriott now they want $289.00 WOW
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Ive lived here my whole life and hate to say, either spend the money to stay at the park or head downtown.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• Bigpop1
    I think I spend the money and go Myron Mixon School
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Look in the Tucker area for hotels. There are a couple near that Doubletree. There's also a few off Mountain Industrial Rd just outside the park. I live just south of ATL so let me look up and see... I'll post some names and phone numbers!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Bigpop1
    I see the tickets are not selling as fast as in the past years. Location Location !!! The restrooms are a joke at Stone Mtn. Port-a-toilets
  • We get a couple camp sites for the weekend with some friends. We cook out, drink, relax, tell stories, and just overall have an amazing time! This year I'm picking up a demo BGE so we will have it at the camp site on Saturday night.... MMMMM!!
  • I hate to say it but if the Eggtoberfest moves because the hotels are getting greedy, I would be happy.  This is a nice area but I hate it when hotels price gouge customers due to popular events in the area.  I understand raising prices some but $289-$299 is crazy.

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE