Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork question

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to do a low and slow with some butts. What temp. should I have the egg? I would like aprox. a 20 hr cook.[p]Thanks

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    buttsdonexmas.jpg
    <p />jh,[p]I'll sort of chime in since I recently woke from the dead.[p]You can probably shoot for 225-250[p]I think the time would depend on the weight of the butts. Bone in or out?[p]There are all kinds of folks here that will get you to the landing strip.[p]I just did a 10 pounder that took me 18+ with a jack at the end due to time constraints.[p]Hope this helps a tad.[p]Good luck. It's a great cook. [p]Mick
  • MickeyT, Right on with the suggestions. The butts look fantastic! Can I have one? :<)[p] Happy Holidays...Tom

• BrianP
    BrianP Posts: 147
    jh,
    If you want to extend your time beyond 20 hours one thing I discovered is that placing the butt on a v-rack sitting in a drip pan will take several more hours to cook than placing the butt directly on the grill with some sort of drip pan below it. There is decreased air circulation around thge meat when the drip pan is close to the meat like the v-rack set-up.[p]Brian

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Sandbagger,[p]No. :>)[p]Happy holidays right back atchya