Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let's talk politics...

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Lols jk broski. Just pulled in and quickly poured a Woodford. A 74 hour week put to bed. Eggcited to egg finally.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That's a long week, hope you have a few days of down time before it begins again.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Six twelves are 72 so you're over that. Welcome back!
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    List of good forum topics: The original awkward dinner topics: Religion (7%). It's interesting that religion finished in last place because on a list of controversial topics because, ya know, people kill each other over it daily. But, apparently, once you put on a nice shirt and swing by a store to grab a bottle of not-the-cheapest wine, it significantly softens the blow on religion. Serious illness (9%). Apparently, if there's a lull in the conversation and you break it with, "So, anyone here got cancer?" you've got a 10 in 11 chance no one's gonna be offended. Politics (13%). Political discussions at dinner parties were certainly in the news this week. For everyone reading this in the future, I'm referencing the GREATEST SCANDAL OF ALL TIME (of this week) in the 2012 presidential election. Also, how is the future? What ended up happening on Breaking Bad? Value of homes (16%). I'm definitely guilty of this one. I don't understand how it can be off limits when I could find it out by Googling your address. Anything that easily Googleable can't be taboo. Is it also taboo to ask how many furlongs are in a hectare or how what year All-4-One released I Swear? Relationship details (18%). Having spent three years going to dinner parties and being asked within minutes "So when are you getting maaaaaried?" I can attest that no one cares whether or not this is taboo. Family planning (19%). I'm not sure if this means "So when are you having a baaaaaaby?" or "Is pulling out still working for you?" Either way, if you try to make this the conversation topic, the odds of it failing are about one-in-five. You could say it's the rhythm method of dinner party topics. Salary (25%). Three out of four people are totally fine with telling you how much money they make? That's way higher than I would've guessed. Time to start asking EVERYBODY. We're strapped for cash. State of finances (28%). I can't really see this coming up that often unless you get into a "Who's got the most debt" penis measuring contest. Although I guess the lowest number would win, unlike any real penis measuring contest. An infidelity (31%). There aren't many venues where it's wise to bring up someone's infidelity. Other than an appearance on Maury or Cheaters, a contentious divorce hearing, or you're 100 percent convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're the good guy and he's the bad guy in the romantic comedy of life and you're the one who should end up with Drew Barrymore. Sex life (32%). Is it that you don't want to discuss your most intimate details... or don't want to discuss other people's intimate details when you're eating salmon or beef tenderloin? Nothing is off limits (39%). Analingius it is.
    Greensboro, NC
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dang... I saw this thread and decided I'm not looking til I've been drinking. Now I'm drinking and no action...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @Wolfpack. Well kiss my a$$. This is hilarious. It's been really boring around here since yesterday!!
    Thank the big guy for @Henapples affrontery.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    74 hr work week? ****.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I once did 12 on 12 off for a whole year. Not a single day off except for two weeks about half way through. I came close to suiside.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    74 hours? wtf did you do on Thur & Fri.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    So this becomes a "Who's di** is bigger!" thread..." Go for it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I spent over 3 hours at the DMV on Friday.  That was the closest I've come to suicide in recent memory.

@Wolfpack that's clever
    Options
    I just sat through the little mermaid at the Fox in ATL.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @nolaegghead. Not registering a new shiny gray bolide were we?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq - no, I renewed my expired license and took the written for the motorcycle tag.  Have to take the road test in a week or so which means I need to find a legal bike - mine won't fly.  Or maybe I'll just get it legal.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on that specific car, ramping up the search.
    Options
    @nolaegghead. Bon Chance! We're holding a Classic Car sale in Nashville next weekend.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Friend of mine was at the Vicari Auction Co. car auction today.  He missed my BBQ, but he did drop by to pay me a $20 he owed me and drop of the list of cars.  He called me and said, Hey man, there's a Ferrari 328 GTS - 88K miles.  Prolly get it for 25K.  I said thanks but no thanks.  I'm settled on what I want. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead. OCayman!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• travisstrick
    Options
    lousubcap said:

So this becomes a "Who's di** is bigger!" thread..." Go for it!

Yes and you lose.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I'll take that bet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    No pictures, please, so it didn't happen.
    Options
    True dat!
  • travisstrick
    Options
    No pictures, please, so it didn't happen.

For the love of Pete, please, no pictures!
  • travisstrick
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'll take that bet!

I have a size 13 shoe. You know what they say about guys with big feet, don't ya?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    They wear big socks =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Yup...game on! :)>-
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @travisstrick‌ I wear a 13 too :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    Options
    And I'm an old sailor...
  • travisstrick
    Options
    It means, foot locker rarely has a fashionable athletic shoe in my size.
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    I spent over 3 hours at the DMV on Friday.  That was the closest I've come to suicide in recent memory.

@Wolfpack that's clever

Sorry not mine- copied off the internet but thought it was appropriate
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I have just about drove the length of your State and will pass near Woodford (my drink as well) at some point today (spent night in Knoxville). Not sure if I want to take time for tour or just stop and pick up a bottle of the new stuff and keep going toward Bar Harbor.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wolfpack
    Options
    I hear the tour is a good one- but haven't done myself
    Greensboro, NC