Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar Table

So after a month of my egg sitting in its box feeling very unwanted, his home is finished. I used NakedWhiz's plans melded with the free plans off of the grill domes's site (I know, please don't shun me for such heresy on this forum) and come up with some plans of my own. I used Google sketch up to draw up the plans (actually not that hard to use) and built it out of cedar with my baby brother who has both the better woodworking skills, and more importantly, the tools. 3 coats of clear semigloss finish later, and I humbly hope it can sit on this forum with so many other fantastic tables. Ideally I would have raised the bottom shelf half an inch for better clearance of the hinge, as it clears by about 2mm right now, but I can always put a 1/2" paver under it. For now, I just want to get cooking! Sorry no pics of the cooking, but as I've heard before here, "if you're looking you're not cooking!"

Fired up the maiden voyage tonite with baked potatoes and bacon wrapped filet, seasoned only with salt/pepper. Good quality beef from a local butcher, grass fed only, of course.

The amazing thing is that even with this being my first attempt, the BGE, is amazingly easy to use. I've read tons of tips on this forum, but I really had no troubles.

Very psyched to join the cult! Here's to many more successfully cooks!!!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE

Comments