Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs tonight

Options
Tonight was Beef Ribs. We rubbed half with DP raising the steak and the other half with raging river. The wife got a little imaginative and injected the with some, Worcestershire, A-1, and apple cider vinegar. Cooked to 190 then FTC. They were super tender and very flavorful. I thought the apple cider vinegar made them a little sweet.
Danville, Il

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @mshump‌
    Looks like a winner to me. I love beef ribs. Excellent job my friend! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Options
    @SGH thank you for the compliment ! We are a beef rib eating trio in my house !! Love the beef ribs !
    Danville, Il
  • SGH
    Options
    @mshump‌
    Beef ribs are in a league of their own when done correctly. I can eat my body weight in beef ribs! Again yours look excellent my friend! Outstanding job!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Options
    Nice looking ribs.....I don't know about others, but pictures showing good Q motivates me into buying more meat than I need....the funny thing is, I really don't eat much BBQ but I enjoy cooking
  • mshump
    Options
    @thailandjohn, Thanks or the compliment. Since I picked up my BGE a few months ago every Sunday I search the circulars for meat sales. The freezer stays pretty full now. 
    Danville, Il
  • SGH
    Options
    @mshump‌
    Do you need any help emptying that freezer? I'm a pretty decent cook. Will gladly volunteer my services if I can help eat it!!!

Status- Standing by.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    MMMmmm!!!

I love good short ribs.  Those look scrumpdilicious.

My last short ribs, I smoked heavily to 140 internal.  Then pressure cooked them for 1/2 an hour.
    Slathered with a whiskey mustard glaze.  Back on the BGE direct heat to carmelize the glaze, then served.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• mshump
    Options
    @SGH with the cooks I see you post, I will get my notepad and pencil and take notes while you cook !!
    Danville, Il
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Man I love beef ribs. Short chuck or plate over back, but all are good.yours look great.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @mshump‌
    You are to kind my friend. But thank you nonetheless.

Status- Standing by.

• mshump
    Options
    @DMW thanks for the compliment, this is my 3rd cook of them in about a month. My wife and Son said of all the cooks so far on the BGE (quite a few in the last 3 months) Beef ribs are their favorite, and they seem to be the only beef reasonably priced here.
    Danville, Il