Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is an Ar

I want to start o branch out with my medium egg and i would like to know what is an AR and can i use it with my egg and if not what could i use instead?i dont have a plate setter just the basic stuff that cam with my egg
Trenton ON 1 mbge for now

Comments

• Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    An AR is an adjustable Rig by Ceramic Grill Store.  I don't believe they make it for the medium.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    This is a AR. imageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Thank I know what that is i have fired something like  that on my job :}

• tarheelmatt
    edited July 2014
    @cook861 that is awesome.  @SGH has you hooked up.  Listen to him and you will learn a lot!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Just got the AR for my large. Now my favorite accessory. Amazing what you can do with it.
    @tarheelmatt‌
    Is that your AR?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    @SGH no, it is not.  That one is pretty sweet, isn't it? 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    You might think about a Woo2 from Ceramic Grill Store for your medium egg.  It serves many of the functions of the adjustable rig.  Here's a link:  http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/woo2-direct-or-indirect.html

I count this as one of the best purchases I have made for a medium egg.

Bryan
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • SGH
    @tarheelmatt‌
    It's very nice indeed. I have one with a 9" upper chambered in 300 Blackout with a Advanced Armament suppressor. Mine is black not camo though.

Status- Standing by.

• cook861
    Would i need to buy a plate sitter or dose that take its place ?

• SGH
    @cook861‌
    You can not use the plate setter with the AR. You will need either a oval stone or a round stone like you see in my pics above. The plate setter works with the Woo not the AR my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @cook861 There is not an AR for the Medium. A medium wood is used with a round ceramic stone. The AR for the large works in a similar fashion for indirect. The XL AR can work with the Plate Setter. Check out:
    http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    @cook861‌
    Here is the plate setter in the Woo. And a few more of the AR and the different stones that you can chose from. I like both for different cooks. The plate setter works with the Woo not with the AR. The round and oval stone work with the AR. I hope this helps my friend.imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• cook861
    IF i got a 1 inch thick round steel plate (14 inch diameter) would the woo2 be able to hold it up?
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    cook861 said:
    IF i got a 1 inch thick round steel plate (14 inch diameter) would the woo2 be able to hold it up?
    I don't this so.  We'd need to add a front leg support and then the platesetter would not slide in and out.   That size and thickness of plate weighs approx. 44 pounds.  Not sure the purpose of it.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    My sexy ar
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited July 2014
    As tarheelmat has posted a AR is a EBR (evil black rifle) I own a colt 6920 and it will not  fit on my egg. rofl

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I wanted a colt but my friend built mine as a Christmas present. Noveske lower, Bravo Company upper.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cook861
    The !4 inch round plate would be used for cooking pizza would act as bafal plate
  • SGH
    edited July 2014
    @cook861‌
    I have only seen one Woo and that is the one that I own. That being said a 14" round stone or steel plate will work with the one I have. Before I go any farther, let me point out that mine started out as a Woo 3 but I removed the bottom ring. I do not know if the Woo 2 is built with the three indents for support or not. If it isn't then it probably will not work. I only have mine as a reference but a 14" will work with no problem on mine. Here are a few pics for clarity. Just a suggestion. 1" inch thick plate would be beyond overkill. You would be much better served with 3/8 or 1/2 thickness in my opinion. It would meet or exceed any cooking expectation with ease.imageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• cook861

Thank why i was saying 1 inch thick is beacuse  i cant remeber when i was cooking in the field how thick our baffel plates were i would rather be to thick (lol) then not thin  we used them to make toast for the guys and for shelves in our ovens woo2 has a bar at the bottom which will fit into the leg spacer on the plate setter and you can fir a 9X13 sheet pan on it for indirect cooking