Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Nights Birthday Dinner (pics)

Family fun and food.....cooked six racks of spare ribs....no sauce applied during or after the cook and only one cup of sauce was used by people eating the ribs....all ribs gone.....served along with the ribs was tri tip, chicken, fruit, vegetables and salad

Comments

• onelikearock
    onelikearock Posts: 115
    Looks soooo good
    Chesapeake, VA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Looks like a great group of cooks. Your Birthday? Happy Birthday wishes.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Great looking cook!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    Wow what a spread..Love the tri tip pic..It can't be said that us "Egg Heads" don't live life to the max..Great Birthday dinner...
    :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Our grandsons birthday.....but we really don't need to have a special occasion for these kind of food fests......a few years ago I bought each of my sons XL Eggs and I have an XL, so with three XL Eggs, in the family, we can cook for big parties.....I do all the low and slow and one of my sons will also do low and slow and the grilling will be done at whatever house the party will be held
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    @thailandjohn. A celebration of food along with the birthday - very impressive. Everything looks so colorful and appetizing.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    Friggin' eggceptional as always!  And congrats on the birthday.  BTW-I'm hopeful your sons appreciate the XLBGE as they have a great mentor!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Thank you for the compliment.......the reason I own an Egg is because of one of my sons......I first saw the Egg at the Jack Daniel's BBQ contest several years ago.....The BGE at that time was one of the sponsors. I talk to one of the reps and he was telling me all the things the Egg could do.....The only thing I was really interested in was how it could slow cook. I have other cookers I was using but this looked like something that one of my sons could use. He liked all of my slow cooks but he was not really savy or wanting to spend the time learning how to achieve the results I get on my off set cookers, I thought the Egg might be the answer. I bought him the XL and I used it to see how it worked on low and slow. I was not impressed. It did cook the Butts and Briskets, but they did not have the same results I could get on my off set, wood fired cooker (what I call, real BBQ) After experimenting with several Butts, Ribs and Brisket, I was getting closer. Later I purchased a Stoker to control the incoming air allowing me to add large amounts of wood without the wood catching fire. I only use Mesquite lump (I have tried others) and I add wood chuncks and chips to get real close to the real deal BBQ......If anyone would ask me what kind of cooker to get, I would tell them, if you could only have one, it would be the XL BGE or Primo with the Stoker
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Great work @thailandjohn. As always, nice cook.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!