Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Burger Madness

Options
For cooking at the recent Toronto Eggfest, we were given a $200 gift certificate to a local butcher shop. In "spending" my $200 I bought a pair of three different specialty burgers that they had - Bison "Kaboom", Wild Boar and Lamb & Havarti. Decided to throw all 6 on the egg last night and give them a try. Used a direct setup with a dome temp of about 600* and cooked them about 3 minutes/side. This produced a nice crunchy outside and got all of the patties to an IT in the 145* range. I could see that each of the 3 different types of patty had been pre-seasoned (I have no idea with what) so I did not add any seasoning myself. I'll have to say that each of these tasted fantastic and were all a nice departure from my normal ground brisket burgers. None of them were as juicy but still very flavorful.

Also did some grilled pears for dessert. Had planned to do grilled peaches but, got to the store and none of the peaches they had were even close to being ripe enough to eat. Even the pears could/should have sat on the counter for a couple of days. Split the pears in half and grilled flesh side down for about 5 minutes at 350*. Turned them over and glazed them with some melted butter and brown sugar. Let them cook until they softened up a bit (maybe another 8-10 minutes) and took them off. Put them in a bowl and poured about 1/2 a shot of Amaretto over them and added a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Other than the pears being a little under ripe that were very good.

Enjoyed a couple of these "Twice as Mad" IPA's and then throttled back down to the regular ones

From top down these are the Bison, Boar and Lamb patties

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    I will take one of each! Looks excellent my friend. Nicely none .

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Next time we should just have lunch at your house
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    SGH said:
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ I will take one of each! Looks excellent my friend. Nicely none .
    Thank you @SGH. We didn't get them all eaten last night so I'll be enjoying the leftovers sometime this weekend.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Next time we should just have lunch at your house
    I can't remember if you told me whether or not you'd used your $200?
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    I will take several of those lobsters as well my friend! ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I did ,
    I used it for the Eggfest , But i did get a couple pork chops for us that were amazing .

I am trying to convince @littlesteven to give me his .
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    SGH said:
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ I will take several of those lobsters as well my friend! ;)
    Going to be a while before I've saved up enough pocket change to buy more lobster. 
    Options
    That all looks Amazing.. Love the pears with Amaretto...I am doing Grilled peaches soaked in Dark Rum this evening.. Have a great Weekend.. Those Burgers look Awesome..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

Well played, sir. Very nice looking meal

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer