Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Garlic

Tired Jim
Tired Jim Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If I roast/smoke garlic, how long will it stay fresh in the fridge? Can it be frozen and still taste OK?[p]Thanks,
Tired Jim

Comments

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Tired Jim,[p]It'll keep for a week in the fridge and yes, it can be frozen. We buy those big tubs of peeled garlic at Costco -- I smoke a whole bunch of the cloves, grind 'em up, and freeze them in an ice tray. Once it is frozen, we dump out the cubes and store them in a bag -- easy to take out a cube, defrost, and use smoked garlic puree in cooking [soup or whatever].

• Prof Dan,[p]Thanks. That was whar I was looking for.[p]Tired Jim
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Prof Dan,
    I will be at Sam's today and was going to pick up some garlic. What temp and how long to smoke your garlic? Direct or indirect, and lastly, what kind od smoke if any? Thanks,
    Seth

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Crab leg,[p]250 for an hour indirect, with oak chunks. But you could do it shorter or longer, hotter or cooler, depending on how mellow or sharp you want your garlic.