Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Mickey. Turbo Test BB Ribs at 425 degrees.

Options

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Mattman3969‌ Just saw your suggestion. Will have to try it next time. Already getting devoured. Thanks for the input my friend.

That is pre-cook of course.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    Yes sir. That's why I was to late to try it. I had the ribs on a while before I saw you tip. Again thanks my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Options
    And your ribs look great. I will try the increased heat next time. Thanks for doing the experimental uber turbo test run for all of us.

analyze adapt overcome

• ponder
    ponder Posts: 77
    Options
    They look great SGH!
    Bloomington Springs, TN... LBGE, charcuterie, winemaker, cheesemaker, experimental plumber and approximate carpenter. Selective misanthrope and budding retrophrenologist.
  • SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    If you try the high heat start your spritz at the 20 minute mark. I waited a tad to long but this was a trial run. I have it dialed in now.
    @ponder‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Time to throw down my friends!! I thank you all for the kind words. @Mickey this one was for you brother. I hope you approve sir.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Here is the plate of crap for my wife. I am ashamed to post such as this but here it is nonetheless. image

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Brother I'm all in Sir. Headed to a Bar Harbor at this moment but will try them when I get back. Thinking St Lewis over BBs. Those look good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Those sound great. A true testimate to turbo!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    @sgh those veggies look almost as good as the ribs. I would flat out tear them up. Good job my friend!!!

analyze adapt overcome

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What to call that?? Turbo'ed Turbo? Turbo'ed To A Higher Power?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I'm honored that you approve my friend. Just a tip sir. When they bend give them 10 more minutes before you pull if you run your temp this high. Just take my word on that and try it.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @tulocay‌ @Mattman3969‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks like you cleaned up!

Vegetarian here today, in anticipation for tomorrow. Had really good Hot and Sour soup and Vegetable Stir Fry from a Thai restaurant with my wife.
    imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • speleoegg
    speleoegg Posts: 67
    Options
    Very nice!

1 Large BGE, 1 Keg & 1 Joe Jr

Ajax, Ontario
  • SGH
    Options
    @‌DNW
    Thank you brother. Hey there isn't anything at all wrong with a good soup. That looks excellent to me my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @speleoegg‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    I actually like most vegetables. Broccoli just isn't one of them. Oh well my wife loves it.

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Broccoli is a give or take for me but the cauliflower gets me every time. I do like broccoli steamed in a foil pack but not much of an advantage to do it on the egg unless the whole meal is egged and oven isn't on.

analyze adapt overcome

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    SGH said:
    Here is the plate of crap for my wife. I am ashamed to post such as this but here it is nonetheless. image
    Vegetables....? Isn't that what food eats? :))
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    Just a note. I did not pull the membrane for this test. There was virtually no sign of it when the ribs were done. For temps above 375 when cooking ribs I would recommend not pulling the membrane but use it as a shield from the reflective heat. Just thought I would share. Hope y'all enjoyed.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @ads75‌
    I agree 100% my friend!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    My wife wants to ask if you was the one that posted broccoli last night?

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My question is how many beers did you miss out on in the 3 1/2 hours you weren't watching the egg?
  • SGH
    Options
    @Lit‌
    Honestly I don't drink anymore. Gave it up a long time ago. I'm a coke and ice water man now.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Do you like Thai? Never have tried it but that's some fine looking soup they made.

Status- Standing by.

• mcgyver210
    mcgyver210 Posts: 67
    Options
    @SGH

Looks Great even though I don't eat Ribs :)) I would definitely eat those veggies though.
    New Owner XL BGE 07/03/2014
    Middle, TN
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I was just kidding SGH. The ribs look great and turbos great when your in a hurry. Did 2 shoulders turbo last weekend and they were good. After this need to try some turbo ribs.
  • SGH
    Options
    @mcgyver210‌
    Thank you my friend. We got to get you back to eating meat!!

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH Yes, Thai food is one of my favorite foods (I have many favorites) and knowing the level of spice you like, Thai can certainly take care of that. The menu tonight you could order Mild, Medium, Hot, and Thai Hot. I had Hot, I'm sure you would enjoy Thai Hot.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker