Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hearthstone Bakestone Question

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
3457847923232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B3%3E842%3EWSNRCG%3D323339443%3B498nu0mrj
<p />I ran across this while looking for something else on Ebay. It is a 16" pizza stone made by Harthstone. Sells for about $30 on eBay. Does anyone know anything about this product, good or bad?[p]Spring "Ebaying Tonight" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Spring Chicken,[p]I would surmise that one could bake with it safely up to 450F. High heat bakes above 450F would most likely be pushing it. I doubt that this type of stone is kiln fired at 2000F.[p]Puj

• Puj,
    I thought that too until I read up on it. Pretty impressive claims. Read about it at the link below. Thanks.[p]Spring "Here Comes Santa" Chicken

[ul][li]Hearthstone Bakestone[/ul]
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Spring Chicken,
    I have a pizza stone dedicated to cooking pizzas.[p]I saw fishlessman using a soap stone for other products. They come with a copper edging & handles. I purchased one & found it ideal for cooking products that may fall through the grill. [p]The one I bought is 12 inches in diameter plus another 2 inchhes for the handle. You can find them for various prices on the web.

• Spring Chicken,
    The lip/ridge around the edge of the pizza stone looks like a bad idea. Looks like it will interfere with sliding your peel underneath to remove the pizza. Just my $00.02 opinion.

• Chuck Frank,
    Good point.[p]Spring "Facts Is Facts" Chicken

• Chuck Frank,[p]Is the bottom flat? If so turn it upside down.
  • Supereri,
    Turn it upside down? Then the pan thats supposed to protect it from flame wouldn't work. I don't think it's a good design, but thats just me. I like to keep things simple.

• Puj
    Spring Chicken,[p]I went to the linked site and read the technical info. Looks like it meets the needs of a high temp fire.[p]Seems like it could be useful, though the lip (as noted in anothe post) may be more of a problem than a benefit. It looks like the lip is too short to do a dip dish pizza or quiche ...
  • Puj
    Spring Chicken,[p]I went to the linked site and read the technical info. Looks like it meets the needs of a high temp fire.[p]Seems like it could be useful, though the lip (as noted in anothe post) may be more of a problem than a benefit. It looks like the lip is too short to do a dip dish pizza or quiche ...