Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleveland Rocks

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Added for clarity: LINK

The song above has never had a more appropriate situation to apply to.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2014
    Is the Heat the new Cavs?

Extra landing gear supplied courtesy Sean Combs.
    I like the song and video is okay... what is the situation you are referring to?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    hapster said:

I like the song and video is okay... what is the situation you are referring to?

Prolly that LeBron is a Cav again.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Apparently... I guess I just wasn't thinking that far out of the box LOL

Still in work mode trying to finish my mid year
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    Imagine how those Cavs fans who burned their Lebron jersey feel now  :D

Wow, James and Wiggins, what a pair ... the kid grew up in my neighbourhood, went to high school across the street from my house, has athletic genes in his blood from both parents. 
    canuckland
  • Eggcelsior
    Apparently, the Cavs may be trying to snag Kevin Love as well. Wiggins might be part of the deal.

James-Love-Irving would be "Holy Sh*t"-inducing. Imagine the outlet passes.
  • yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    I'm glad he's coming home but not holding my breath for a championship.  Something always goes wrong in the ninth inning or the fumble or the drive.....I've lived through them all but still a die hard Cleveland fan.  I don't understand the idiots burning his jersey, I hated to see him leave but who could blame the guy he just wanted to win a championship and odds are it won't happen here.
  • Eggcelsior
    I'm glad he's coming home but not holding my breath for a championship.  Something always goes wrong in the ninth inning or the fumble or the drive.....I've lived through them all but still a die hard Cleveland fan.  I don't understand the idiots burning his jersey, I hated to see him leave but who could blame the guy he just wanted to win a championship and odds are it won't happen here.
    I can understand this. Cleveland(collectively:football, basketball, etc.) has the worst luck it seems.  The Fumble, The Drive, The Shot. All in consecutive years. His first foray as a Cav was him and nobody else. Now, the Cavs have an excellent PG, possibly one of the best big men in the league/Wiggins, and the BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME. I do think they can and will win. They are certainly going to compete in the East immediately.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    So it's okay to root for the Heat now? :D

I really don't care about the NBA, but there are some guys who are just sooo easy to root against. James tops that list. And Tiger, but that's a whole 'nother story.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    So it's okay to root for the Heat now? :D I really don't care about the NBA, but there are some guys who are just sooo easy to root against. James tops that list. And Tiger, but that's a whole 'nother story.
    I can understand hating certain teams. Players, not so much.(The Yankees are the worst, but I have no reason to hate Jeter) When he first left the Cavs, it was easy to hate James. Personally, it wasn't what he did, it was how it was done(The Decision). Outside of Cleveland, I can see no reason why anyone would "hate" him now. I can appreciate that he is the best player right now and I can't hate greatness like that as a fan of a game first.

I have no idea why you'd hate Tiger. He is one of the greatest golfers ever. His personal life is his personal life, not mine. Did he piss in you Cheerios once?
  • Carolina Q
    James because of the circus leaving Cleveland. Woods because I have ZERO respect for any "man" who conducts himself as he apparently does in his personal life. Couldn't care less how great a golfer he is (or was). As for the Yanks... careful bud. I have been a Yankee fan since Mantle came up! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    That's too bad about the Yankees ;)
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014

James because of the circus leaving Cleveland. Woods because I have ZERO respect for any "man" who conducts himself as he apparently does in his personal life. Couldn't care less how great a golfer he is (or was).

As for the Yanks... careful bud. I have been a Yankee fan since Mantle came up! :)

The man slept with multiple women while married. Not right, but he didn't murder anyone. While there are some exceptions, "most" men are as faithful as their opportunities. It's easy to judge someone when you're not in their shoes. If I had tail thrown at me on a daily basis, it would be difficult to fight em off.

Maybe I'm just young and don't have the values yall did in the 20s. :P
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Did you just say you hated Woods for the way he conducted himself in his personal life but a few sentences earlier say you liked the Yankees and Mantle???
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Mantle saw more ass than a toilet seat- most outside of his marriages
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack said:
    Mantle saw more ass than a toilet seat- most outside of his marriages
    Sounds like a great guy to me:

Personal life[edit]

On December 23, 1951, Mantle married Merlyn Johnson (1932-2009) in Commerce, Oklahoma; they had four sons.[40] In an autobiography, Mantle said he married Merlyn not out of love, but because he was told to by his domineering father. While his drinking became public knowledge during his lifetime, the press (per established practice at the time) kept quiet about his many marital infidelities. Mantle was not entirely discreet about them, and when he went to his retirement ceremony in 1969, he brought his mistress along with his wife. In 1980, Mickey and Merlyn separated for 15 years, but neither filed for divorce. During this time, Mantle lived with his agent, Greer Johnson.

Autograph signature of Mickey Mantle.

The couple's four sons were Mickey Jr. (1953–2000), David (born 1955), Billy (1957–94), whom Mickey named for Billy Martin, his best friend among his Yankee teammates, and Danny (born 1960). Like Mickey, Merlyn and their sons all became alcoholics,[41] and Billy developed Hodgkin's disease, as had several previous men in Mantle's family.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Does that mean Carolina Q hates his beloved Yankee, Mickey Mantle...or does he get a pass?
  • Carolina Q
    edited July 2014
    Still laughing over the Mantle thing. I said I have been a yanks fan since mantle came up. That said, I was just a kid and I did like the mick. The guy could hit! knew nothing of his "adventures". He had about as much integrity as woods, but he seemed like a friendly sort of fellow. :) and I still can't stand woods. Did Mickey have a coffee rub?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I get tail thrown at me all the time...in Salado. You've seen my bacon pics. They can't resist.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Still laughing over the Mantle thing. I said I have been a yanks fan since mantle came up. That said, I was just a kid and I did like the mick. The guy could hit! knew nothing of his "adventures". He had about as much integrity as woods, but he seemed like a friendly sort of fellow. :) and I still can't stand woods. Did Mickey have a coffee rub?
    I can't really say anything- i was huge Roy Tarpley fan growing up. I don't know about any marital issues but I'm pretty sure the raging coke habit and 4 DUI's probably warranted a 12 year old kid shouldn't have his picture on the wall....but I damn sure did :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug, CT. He did right by you.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    "I've always been a LeBron fan" - Everyone in Cleveland right now.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • henapple
    I guess I do judge athletes to a degree by their personal lives. I live near Nashville but hate the titans. Too many thugs and no discipline from management. Pac-Man, McNair, Britt, guys beating their wives in Wendy's parking lot. It's all brushed under the rug. Maybe it's that way everywhere. I grew up with Jerry West and Roger Staubach. As a UT fan I'm a Peyton Manning supporter. I like athletes with class. Are they perfect? No. But I wouldn't mind Jake following their path.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug, CT. He did right by you.
    According to the FDA, schedule II cocaine ain't as bad as schedule I chronic.
    henapple said:

I guess I do judge athletes to a degree by their personal lives. I live near Nashville but hate the titans. Too many thugs and no discipline from management. Pac-Man, McNair, Britt, guys beating their wives in Wendy's parking lot. It's all brushed under the rug. Maybe it's that way everywhere. I grew up with Jerry West and Roger Staubach. As a UT fan I'm a Peyton Manning supporter. I like athletes with class. Are they perfect? No. But I wouldn't mind Jake following their path.

Why? They're athletes, not role models.
  • henapple
    edited July 2014
    They're role models. Possibly not by choice but they are. Not for adults but for kids.
  • henapple
    @Eggcelsior. Maybe role model isn't the correct term. These athletes, like musicians, will be copied and idolized.