Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scrambler Love

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
Man I just LOVE this thing. It's just as advertised, easy to ride with plenty of power. A couple of my neighbors and I rode a bit over 106 miles up the River Road then we took Highway 22 through French Settlement which is a very nice 45 - 55 MPH twisty road through the bayou with nice shade and low traffic. We ended up catching some heavy rain on I55 coming back south. Man that rain at 70MPH brought back memories of the hydro-blasting that was the norm on the SWCC boats back in the day. That I could deal with... but the lightening was freaking me out a bit.

I took a little ride on some washed out roads this afternoon to get an idea of how she handles off road. She's a bit clumsy at really slow speed in the dirt, but I was pretty impressed with how capable this bike is. My biggest complaint is that the rear brake caliper hangs down from the swingarm making for an easily damaged rear brake. Even so it's not likely that I would ever be riding in such rough terrain.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    @parallel. Nice looking ride. Triumph have made a really big comeback with some super looking products. Wish I was 16 again. Speed Twins, Bonnevilles, Tiger Cubs and the Ace Cafe.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Cool bike. I opened this thread hoping to see pictures of a Jeep, though. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Nice!  I was expecting a Polaris ATV. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    I figured it was a new type of breakfast... One biker to another, it looks great. Enjoy and be safe.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Parallel
    edited July 2014
    We went again today and ended up riding about 175 miles and, let me tell ya... on THAT seat that is MORE  than enough. We rode up old Hwy 51 to Ponchatoula where we jumped on Hwy  22 and headed East to Madisonville. Had an awesome lunch at Morton's Seafood Restaurant then headed back West on Hwy 22 to catch LA445 North to visit Santa and  Mrs Claus (see pics and explanation below). Then we headed west on LA 16 to Amite where we picked up Hwy  51 and headed back South. For the second time in as many rides we  caught rain heading back South near I55. This time however we were down  on old Hwy 51 where the speed limit is 55MPH  and it's a damned good  thing we were. The crosswinds were VERY strong and my bike, having a  high profile and being relatively light, was blowing all over the road.  At the top of the bridge by Middendorf's Restaurant the wind literally  slid the front wheel of my bike across the road. I had to slow down to  about 50MPH to keep both wheels on track. Perhaps the next ride we'll  stay dry the whole ride... but if not, oh well... it's fun anyway.

Mr and Mrs Santa Clause just happens to be my Wife's Uncle and Aunt.

Contrary to popular belief, Santa lives in South Louisiana. :D

He also has a healthy respect for the 2cd... LOL.

• Parallel
    edited July 2014
    Well, I hear tell that it's blasphemous to post pics of a scrambler without showing the pipes... sooooo...