Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Learning to cook all over again

Options
Well I finally got a LBGE, I've been wanting one for a very long time. I acquired it quite by accident, I met a girl who broke up with her boyfriend of many years. She sold it to me for $500.00. It is a year old and only used three times because, as she put it "he wasn't smart enough to boil water". Anyway it came with a plate setter, pizza stone, AR, rib rack, three tier rack and a cement table top. I turbo-ed some St. Louis style baby backs and chicken the first night I had it and they turned out for the most part pretty good. I found a few issues with my new treasure a bad gasket that was leaking and the dome and base were poorly aligned which was allowing in to much air. So yesterday I bought a new gasket and installed it and while I had everything loose I properly aligned the dome and base. So hopefully my next cook which will be tomorrow (Saturday), while I'm building a table to put this top on, will be much more rewarding. I look forward to learning as much on here as possible. I know it is a different way of cooking, more by temp then time and you can't see the food being cooked. So please bear with any newbie questions I may pose. Thanks in advance for sharing your combined knowledge and culinary wisdom.
The Gator Nation, Central Florida
LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
GO GATORS!!!

Comments