Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is sad.....wish I caught them on my back porch!

Options
13»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    vidalia1 said:

FYI....I want to report that an Egg has been donated & delivered. The anonymous donor & receiver both had tears in their eyes when the BGE was delivered. This is a great forum.

Brings tears to grown eggheads eyes. That's simply awesome! Love all my fellow eggheads!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That is great news.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @Zmokin I have never done it but I am pretty sure I could cut a lock in a matter of seconds with my dremmel or $20 bolt cutters. I'm sure its much less likely with a fence since most won't even know the egg is there but if someone wants something they usually find a way to get it.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    YES!!  America baby!!!  Good people around here.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• weredaone
    weredaone Posts: 53
    Options
    Is there a fund set up? if so  I'm in for $20
  • CdnBaconNEgg
    Options
    I just read this and find this amazing.  There really are some terribly misguided people in the world, but when things like this happen, it reminds me of all the good people out there too.  I am on this forum fairly often, and can honestly say this is a great community to be a part of.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Hopefully he fences it in or secures it somehow.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    @BYS1981‌. The guy shouldn't have to build a fence. People should just leave other people's sh!t alone!
    GWN
  • Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    Eggheads Rock!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Nanook said:

@BYS1981‌. The guy shouldn't have to build a fence. People should just leave other people's sh!t alone!

life isn't butterflies and bumble bees, no one should steal, but they do.

I personally have had a fenced in property my entire life and it's extremely odd not to fence in your yard where I'm from.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Most stealing (by dollar amount) is legal.  I hate both kinds.
    Options
    Most stealing (by dollar amount) is legal.  I hate both kinds.
    Lead by Government agencies. :))

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Enabled by government agencies, pressed by lobbyists, but the bulk of the money, private theft, some from the taxpayer and some from the govmnt.
    Options
    Enabled by government agencies, pressed by lobbyists, but the bulk of the money, private theft, some from the taxpayer and some from the govmnt.
    WE'd better quit or we'll be talking about sex and religion next. 8-}

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well politics have been covered...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I was just reading and thinking that I was gonna donate to the cause too and then got to the part where someone already bought them one and was like woohoo! That is awesome!! If it was someone on this forum my hats off to you and as someone else already said I would be happy to buy you a round and cook a nice meal for you if you are ever in my neck of the woods!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    That is great! It's so nice to hear about something good happening for a change. I tip my hat to the donor of the egg. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • mcgyver210
    mcgyver210 Posts: 67
    Options
    It is refreshing to see so many caring people here wanting to help someone they don't really know WOW!!!

On a side note I hate Thieves which is why I have over 20 cameras, 8' total privacy fence & Electric Gate.
    New Owner XL BGE 07/03/2014
    Middle, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Cool ending but crappy start to the story...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95