Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why do I need my Egg

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Subway has Applewood pulled pork, Arby's has Brisket. Maybe I'll sell my Egg and just eat out.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Now that is living the high life!
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Tjcoley said:

Subway has Applewood pulled pork, Arby's has Brisket. Maybe I'll sell my Egg and just eat out.

Dont forget about The McRib (when available) and BK's "flame grilled" burgers.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Y'all are killing me.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Tjcoley‌ I agree, in fact you should raffle it off. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    + 1 on the McRib!! :)) :))
    GWN
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Alrighty then...  We were slammed at work and needed a quick lunch, so stopped at Subway.  I saw that they had pulled pork, and the picture looked pretty darn good.  I'd just done a butt the night before, and it was most excellent, so I certainly was not about to have the Subway version.  But 2 of my co-workers bit.  I watched as they made the sandwiches.  It was not a pretty sight.  And both co-workers agreed that it was not what they had hoped for.  Yuck!! 
    Santa Paula, CA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You should tag it:

<sarcasm> Subway has Applewood pulled pork, Arby's has Brisket. Maybe I'll sell my Egg and just eat out. </sarcasm>

This post is <sarcasm> sarcasm </sarcasm>, BTW.
    Options
    @tksmoke‌ when you raffle it can you include a free t-shirt =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tksmoke
    Options
    @nolaegghead - No doubt in my mind it was sarcasm!  Just the facts ma'am...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Don't forget you can buy chicken mcnuggets with BBQ sauce to dip in. That will surely satisfy any BBQ chicken craving.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    @tksmoke‌ when you raffle it can you include a free t-shirt =))

Here you go
    Options
    You should tag it:

<sarcasm> Subway has Applewood pulled pork, Arby's has Brisket. Maybe I'll sell my Egg and just eat out. </sarcasm>

This post is <sarcasm> sarcasm </sarcasm>, BTW.

Still not able to find that Sarcasm font.
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @nolaegghead, you a big Dan Gilbert fan?
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Don't forget @sgh smoked tacos- I hear Taco Bell read the post and is adding that one to their menu
    Greensboro, NC
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Two of my favorite cuts…….tongue 'n cheek! :-bd

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    Alrighty then...  We were slammed at work and needed a quick lunch, so stopped at Subway.  I saw that they had pulled pork, and the picture looked pretty darn good.  I'd just done a butt the night before, and it was most excellent, so I certainly was not about to have the Subway version.  But 2 of my co-workers bit.  I watched as they made the sandwiches.  It was not a pretty sight.  And both co-workers agreed that it was not what they had hoped for.  Yuck!! 
    Especially with their hot sandwiches, there's always a pretty large chasm between what Subway presents as the meal and how it actually gets made.  Don't they mike the meat?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    =)) I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    :))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Man, now I'm really bummed. What I spent on my eggs and accessories could have purchased a whole lot of quality BBQ ready made apparently....
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I suggest the chiller font, since it looks like it is dripping with sarcasm.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tksmoke
    Options
    Shoot - and here I thought it was my TRS-80 that was unable to display these here fancy fonts.  How am I supposed to understand the undercurrents when I'm stuck in plain text...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    Shoot - and here I thought it was my TRS-80 that was unable to display these here fancy fonts.  How am I supposed to understand the undercurrents when I'm stuck in plain text...
    I don't think it's just your TRS-80, my C-64 seems to have the same problem.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    TJ - You make some awesome desserts on your egg and one that is most interesting is the apple apple pie. I have yet to make one so I can't be sure, but I bet a hot apple pie from McD's tastes about the same.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I bought a couple Subway subs in Austin - picking my GF up from UT back in the mid 80's.  Got back to San Antonio, took the subs out of the bag.  One of the subs had a bloody bandaid in it.  I remembered the guy making the sub had a bandaid on his finger.  I didn't see that in the commercial.
    Options
    I have issues with the smell of Subway. Years ago, they smelled of fresh baked bread. Now they have an acidic, terrible smell. If in a mall or strip, the odor penetrates the stores next door. I don't know how they can stand it all day.
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    I have issues with the smell of Subway. Years ago, they smelled of fresh baked bread. Now they have an acidic, terrible smell. If in a mall or strip, the odor penetrates the stores next door. I don't know how they can stand it all day.
    I know it. If you stand in line for a couple of minutes you smell of Subway for the rest of lunchtime.
    @nolaegghead.Can you imagine the vile corporeal effluvia excreting from that Band Aid?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq - Yes, I can imagine that.  Closing my eyes...transporting back in time to the mid 80s...smelled like  (sniff...sniff sniff)...tomatoes, onions, (hey Reagan is president and he being super liberal)....sniff...lunch meat...and...sniff sniff...plastic bandaid.
    Options
    If Ronald Reagan was still president I'd eat a bandaid off your ass.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq - Yes, I can imagine that.  Closing my eyes...transporting back in time to the mid 80s...smelled like  (sniff...sniff sniff)...tomatoes, onions, (hey Reagan is president and he being super liberal)....sniff...lunch meat...and...sniff sniff...plastic bandaid.
    What choo sniffin' there, boy?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.