Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Pre-cook for Vacation?

Options
RogueIrish
RogueIrish Posts: 2

Heading out for a family vacation and can not take the BGE with.  Pre-smoking a 16lb packer. What is the best way to store and serve it. It will be 4 days

until we will eat it.  I am thinking of Vacuum sealing it. Hot or let it cool?  Sliced or whole?  Any help would be great.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Let it rest a bit, slice, vac seal and freeze. To reheat just drop the packet into hot water. I did a brisket as well as a pork butt last weekend for next week at the beach.
    Options
    Thanks Tj.  I was thinking Vac Seal whole for less chance of dry out...but if I slice it...I can try it.. B-)
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I have never vac sealed one whole one but I have vac sealed slices from the leftovers. I had a pretty good sized chunk that I threw in the fridge. Then sliced it cold and vac sealed. Seemed to work pretty good. Most of the time, there are no leftovers...  :D
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you slice it, slice it cold.  Then vacu-suck it.  If you want to get fancy, you can freeze some beef consomme and throw it in with the meat.  Reheat in hot water - shouldn't be boiling, but 160F or so. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌. ..165, not 160
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN