Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grate and plate setter holder ideas needed

Laxin16
Laxin16 Posts: 62
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I built a table for my LBGE and after a few uses I discovered the need for a grate holder and plate setter holder. Any ideas? I need something that extends a few inches away from the table to hold the hot grate.

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    The mrs. With 2 hot pads?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    @Laxin16. Would one of those basket-style drawers on sliders work. Looks like it could fit under the table top.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    There was a guy that built a table and used a bike rack attached to his table, that was pretty cool.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    The mrs. With 2 hot pads?
    You must have a pretty comfy couch :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I have a Grate Rack I picked up for my XL. They are designed to hang on the side of the BGE nest, but if you put the correct size holes in the table, you could hang from there. 

I really like it on the nest, and need to get a second one for the other side so I can hang both plate setter and grid at the same time.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • maxPowers
    maxPowers Posts: 38
    @Laxin16. Would one of those basket-style drawers on sliders work. Looks like it could fit under the table top.
    @HDumptyEsq where would you get one of those?
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    HD or Lowes. Shouldn't be a problem.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    I made this holder number of years ago.  Great for holding grids and stones, not sure about a platesetter.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.