Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE. Tailgate hitch

Options
Howdy y'all does anyone on the big green egg tailgate receiver hitch? I was interested in purchasing one and was wondering if it was of good quality. Thank you
Smoke on!

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options

I have seen them demonstrated at the mothership but I do not know anyone who has one.  If I remember correctly, it attached to the nest and would set it onto the ground or lift it when ready to travel.  Seems it was not inexpensive also.

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There has been one for sale on Craigslist in the Nashville area. http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/4548409743.html Hope this helps

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I'm not moving my egg. I have absolutely too much money in it to have it damaged hitched to my truck. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I'm old so don't hold me to this. At this last Salado EggFest I am sure I was told by the distributor rep they were not doing them anymore. I think he offered a very good price on one he had in Dallas. But I was drinking at the time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just stick it in the back of your truck. Have taken one of my Larges to FL and back several times. Easy
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited July 2014
    Options
    the hitch cost more than an XL egg. $1400 if i remember correctly.
    Pentwater, MI
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    the hitch cost more than an XL egg. $1400 if i remember correctly.
    Wow...they must be pretty proud of it.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA