Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig Confusion

Options
2»

Comments

• Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    After multiple posts, over a year of waffling, and bothering Tom a few times, my order is in. AR R&B Combo, rig extender and add'l oval grid. Almost $300 with shipping, but now there is absolutely no need for a 2nd Egg for me. Can't wait to try out a large batch of wings and ribs on this thing.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    On Friday, I did 4 full racks of St Louis style ribs and a pork butt all at once - 2 racks each on grids, and the butt on the rig extender.

I'm using the round stone with spider (so I wouldn't have to use a level for the oval stone), so I used an extra sheet of foil over the drip pan to protect the edges of the ribs from direct heat.  I think I can still add another level and fit another 2 racks of ribs.

I can definitely do more with the AR than I could with my home engineered set up (which is now sitting idle).  I'm very happy  with it.
    NOLA
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    I have an AR and tonight will be a good example of using it i'll be doing a spatchcock chicken raised direct but on the top rack ill have my corn on the cob going 
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM