Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

America's original red meat

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
We have a 12 year old young man visiting from a subsistence village in Alaska. His normal meat diet consists mainly of fish and moose. Today he will get a taste of America's original red meat.

imageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I love buffalo- much healthier with all the same great taste.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Conneggticut_Yankee
    Options
    Enjoy! Buffalo is fantastic. I have some burgers in the freezer and cooked up some NY strips the other day. 
    Madison, CT
    LBGE June 2013. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good stuff. That's one of many things I miss. We would always have fresh Buffalo at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Arena or during NebraskaLand Days. Nothing more American and Wild West like than some Buffalo. Thanks for the share @stemc33‌ Awesome :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Actually, nothing more Midwest. State seal of Indiana features a bison. A few blocks from me is a street named Parkovash, a rendering of the French for "cow park" (LaSalle was the 1st European thru here, and most of the Potawatomi spoke a mix of their own language and French) where the bison calved in the spring.

Significantly harder to raise than beef. Was saddened to learn a few days ago that a local herd had to be sold off because they couldn't get enough forage during last years drought. The bull for that local herd was 4200 pounds when he came onto the farm, and they were unable to weigh him after that. The fences were made from railroad ties, and if he had a mind to, he would just walk thru them.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Yum, got love a good Bison burger!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe