Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is sad.....wish I caught them on my back porch!

Options
http://www.macon.com/2014/07/04/3182891/summer-thieves-targeting-bibb.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

This one takes the cake folks.     Broad daylight and this is a pretty nice neighborhood     Hopefully the thieves show up at the hospital with burns from not understanding the concept of the burp!
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    That's terrible, I agree - hope they get burned.   That's the society we live in, people just take what they want with no or little consequence.  

I was told years ago by a police office doing a presentation in the neighbourhood that if I left my garage door open, even while working in the yard out back, and someone came in the garage and took the kids bicycles or whatever it would be my fault for having the door open and they would not bother with it - of course this is Canada.

Hope you get back to egging soon.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    that makes me mad right there
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @bo31210‌ nothing that a hydra-shok to the cranial cavity wouldn't cure. Nothing worse than a thief. Doubly for an egg thief.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    @eggnorth wasn't mine Just wish I could have caught them in my backyard! Bunch of punks
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @bo31210‌ this was likely not a crime of opportunity. But, a well targeted one. Either way it's disgusting.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Im not normally one to say something mean or ugly. But that being said I hate a thief worse than anything. I hope the next time that they are stealing the owner catches them and beats them to death. Or at least within a inch of there sorry life. I have been burglarized myself before. It's not cute nor funny at all. I have no sympathy for a thief. To steal a mans cooker is unforgivable. Hope they get what's coming. Forgive me my friends for speaking harsh. But I truely despise a thief.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I'm guessing it was really a primo since they said an oval shaped cooker. That really sucks for that guy. I've thought about people stealing the egg, but quickly think about how much trouble it would be.
    Dunedin, FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    yzzi said:
    I'm guessing it was really a primo since they said an oval shaped cooker. That really sucks for that guy. I've thought about people stealing the egg, but quickly think about how much trouble it would be.
    I wondered that as well, but the writer got "Big Green Egg" right so I assumed he/she got that from the victim or the police report. While we refer to it being egg shaped I can see where the unknowing could call it oval when viewed vertically vs. horizontally. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    Options
    BGE, Primo, Vision, Kamodo it doesn't matter. The people that stole it are sorry and useless no matter the brand. Just my thoughts.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I'm with @henapple‌ Sign me up!
    GWN
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    I will gladly donate. Let me know where to send the money.

Status- Standing by.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Ain't nobody gonna carry off an XXL
    :))

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    Put who steal suck. I would gladly pitch in $20.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If someone is starting a fund, I'm in.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bo31210
    Options
    I will check with our local dealer and see if he can help us out also the distributor for Georgia is in Macon as well
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Ain't nobody gonna carry off an XXL
    :))

I would love to see somebody even try to snag a mini from my neighborhood. They would see some dead eyes because nobody would wanna miss and hit the egg :-P
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton‌ careful they could be a stealth XXL thief =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bo31210
    Options
    I am in for a donation as well I count 6 so far will get some more details Monday if any one wants to contribute shoot me a pm and I can start a list great group here and I do think even know the guy!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Is that guy on here? Does anyone know him personally? Gofundme.com is a reputable site if someone wants to head it up. And yeah I'd chip in too. I friggin hate theives. If I could get my hands on the one who took my 4wheeler...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bo31210
    Options
    I can try and find out   Will reach out the the SO on Monday as well
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    They should be able to find the thief/thieves easy enough. Hey! Look, I think they've been spotted :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

That just bites - wedding presents, getting read for his daughter's birthday cook.

The guy needs to watch CL like a hawk. These guys knew what they were after, since a couple are missing form the area, and they took just the egg.  

Sending you a PM @bo31210.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Catch where a neighbor saw a Jeep there and noticed a piece of cardboard over the license plate? I hope I have neighbors smarter than that to figure "hey something isn't right and maybe I ought to do this or that..."
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @caliking‌ what is CL?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    These thieves likely cased the scene a few times before they made their move. This isn't an iPad in an unlocked car. This is a 150#-200# BGE so they likely had 2-3 people involved. Aholes!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I'm in... Let me know the details of where to donate
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

@caliking‌ what is CL?

Craigslist