Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not bad for my very first cook with my LBGE

Options
I got my LBGE and nest on a special at a locale outdoor furniture and grill store -- basically got the nest for free.  Finally got a chance to fire it up.  I used a paper towel with some vegetable oil as a starter.  It was surprisingly easy to get it started, get it up to temp and keep it there.

I grilled four bone-in, skin on chicken breasts using an adaptation of Wow Chicken.  I didn't have dried parsley, so I used some dried cilantro and Italian seasonings instead.  Rubbed the paste all over the chicken breasts and cooked at about 400 raised, direct.  I cooked it bone side down for about 15 minutes, turned it over for about 12 minutes.  After that, the two smaller breasts were already at 170 which was higher than I meant to go.  I left the two larger breasts on for a bit longer and actually gave them a bit too much time too.  I also put 3 baking potatoes rubbed with EVOO, salt and pepper in foil on the grid along with 1 sweet potato just rubbed in EVOO and put directly on the grid.  The sweet potato was for me and it was wonderful.  The chicken tasted really good, but was slightly drier than I wanted.  Next time I'll definitely try to get it off the grill at more like 160.

Comments