Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raised Grate

Options
I'm looking to purchase a raised grate so I can perfect not only pizzas but spatchcocked chickens. What do y'all recommend I purchase? Thanks for the help. 
Large BGE, DigiQ DX2

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I use swing grate for both. Couldn't be happier. I know the AR is more popular but I like this for pizza and spatchcock imageimage
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• 0oHUNTo0
    0oHUNTo0 Posts: 34
    Options
    That looks great. Pretty easy to use? Where did you purchase?
    Large BGE, DigiQ DX2
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Consider the "raiser" from Innovations by Chance. Google will lead you to him.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Home made version and most enjoyable-pound three aluminum canned beers (save the cans).  Buy a second (el cheapo) grid around 17" in diameter.  Put your BGE grid on the fire ring, land the empty beer cans 120* apart then load your second grid.  Raised direct is now available and for not much $$ and the only skill required is beer drinking :)>-  FGWIW-Happy birthday USA!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Also take a look at the Woo2 and Adjustable Rig from Ceramic Grill Store, not to be confused with Ceramic Grill Works who sells the swing grate.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    ...Ceramic Grill Store, not to be confused with Ceramic Grill Works who sells the swing grate.

:-??

Uuuh, I learned something today....  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• sofakingbald
    Options
    0oHUNTo0 said:
    I'm looking to purchase a raised grate so I can perfect not only pizzas but spatchcocked chickens. What do y'all recommend I purchase? Thanks for the help. 
    The grate looks awesome, but as a noob who just dropped too much $ on all the BGE stuff, I have been using three bricks for raised cooks. Works, but obviously not sexy.
    BGE novice from Arlington, Texas