Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which DP on tenderloin?

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my assortment of DP rubs last night. I'm going to pick up a pork trnderloin for dinner, which rub should I try first? -RP

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    AZRP,
    cut it into medalians and try dizzy dust, raging river, red eye express, jamaican firewalk, tsunami spin...[p]HTH

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    AZRP,
    I used Swamp Venom the other night (cause that's just about all I have left) ... its kind of spicy and firey. It did burn a little doing the tenderloin direct. [p]Be sure to let the rubs sit on the tenderloin for a few hours in the fridge. Get the loin at lunch and rub it down for dinner. [p]If I had to pick a starter rub for ya .. I would go with Ragin River.

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    AZRP,
    I used Swamp Venom the other night (cause that's just about all I have left) ... its kind of spicy and firey. It did burn a little doing the tenderloin direct. [p]Be sure to let the rubs sit on the tenderloin for a few hours in the fridge. Get the loin at lunch and rub it down for dinner. [p]If I had to pick a starter rub for ya .. I would go with Ragin River.

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    great answer! Isn't it funny how we think in terms of all or nothing??? I was thinking of suggesting the Jamaican fire walk first. Just did them (pork tenderloins) that way this weekend and topped with the rasberry chipotle F&W sauce. They were fabulous. I would have not thought to cut them into medalians. Duh... LOL[p]As usual, the diversity of this group is the coolest. Joe

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You da man! I'll get two and cut into thirds, film at 11:00. -RP

• Scrambled Eggs
    Options
    AZRP,
    i would have to say red eye