Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Minimax ETA?

Just curious if anyone has soken with a dealer or the mothership that knows when we should start seeing Minimaxes?
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955

I hear from Dealers,  later in the Summer.

My guess...this Fall.

Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    What @Chubby said is what I am getting. Now I put in for the first one in Salado to come to me. The more I think about it I am not so sure now. I have all the Toys for my Mini and it works perfect for us. Not sure I want to start building up the new one with Toys that are not even online now..
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Yeah, I am trying to decide what to do. I have a brand new (unused) mini w/ woo that I bought for tailgating this fall. Now I gotta decide whether to go with it, or sell and buy the minimax, if it comes out in time...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Yeah, I am trying to decide what to do. I have a brand new (unused) mini w/ woo that I bought for tailgating this fall. Now I gotta decide whether to go with it, or sell and buy the minimax, if it comes out in time...
    Will you be able to return it to the dealer?  If you are just going to sell it on craigslist or something then in my opinion it doesn't really matter if it is brand new or "lightly used".  The price should be about the same.  If you think you want the MM I would ask your dealer if you can trade it in.  If you are going to sell yourself then just go ahead and enjoy the min for a while and decide if you want to sell when the MM comes out.  Just my $.02 ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Keep it and get the mini max.

you can never have to many eggs :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Keep it and get the mini max. you can never have to many eggs :D
    Do you really have as many eggs as your tagline says? I think it's time for an intervention...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • Any chance that I will see one at porkopolis?
  • badinfluence

Keep it and get the mini max.

you can never have to many eggs :D

Do you really have as many eggs as your tagline says? I think it's time for an intervention...

Yes I really do have all 9 eggs as listed in my signature along with the peoria custom cooker.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    I was just in the Mother Ship about a week ago and asked the same question. Hey told me 90 days so that puts it in mid Fall.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @badinfluence‌
    If I may ask sir. Which Peoria cooker do you use. I have been eyeing The Meat Monster for small charity events. My Jambo had got to be about more than I can handle now. Have been considering selling it and getting the Meat Monster as it is much smaller and easier to move around. You input is much appreciated.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    @marysvilleeger The will unfortunately not be at Porkopolis. They have not made their way north yet! Ah well, there's always next year! 
  • badinfluence
    @SGH I have the MMIF I chose it over a jamboree as I like the multi rack setup and the fact the whole cooker is insulated. Well and they are 2 hours away and not 20. It took about 6 weeks to finish after placing a order so not to bad. Alot of options you can pick as well to fit your needs. Hope this helps.

Clinton, Iowa
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

I really was hoping for a minimax to be available by the end of August so I can tailgate with it.

Oh well, we'll just have to continue waiting....

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited July 2014
    Well and they are 2 hours away and not 20. It took about 6 weeks to finish after placing a order so not to bad.

Funny but I have lived in Peoria for 48 years and had never heard about that cooker until a couple years ago and some egger out in Washington state was going bonkers over a used Peoria cooker he had bought and was whippin butt on the BBQ circuit. Even after I did some researching I still have never heard of the local dentist behind the company!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.