Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's humble cook.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Nothing special tonight as the weather is getting bad. Just some marinated chicken breast and corn. Getting a late start but oh well. I'm hungry so here goes. Going to do a reverse sear on the breasts. The corn I will cook raised direct just to the point of tender.
imageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    looks good so far.  That's a clean fire-ring and plate setter.
    Options
    Jut burnt it off earlier today with the weed burner.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I also wire brush them while they are hot. I have been told that I shouldn't but it works like a charm. Hasn't hurt them so far.

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Nothing humble about that grub... Looks like it's gonna be a great meal!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I agree - shouldn't hurt them.  That ceramic is not vitreous.  A scratch shouldn't cause it to cleave. 
    Options
    @hapster‌
    Thank you brother. You feeling better?
    @nolaegghead‌
    I have been doing it a little over two years. So far so good. I like it because it will shine up almost like new.

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Little bit... I'm sure working thru the course of the steroids should start helping along with being away from work. Thanks for asking
  • SGH
    Options
    Food going on at 425 degrees.
    Decided to throw the corn on in with the chicken. The weather is getting terrible as always.
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Lookin' good.  Yeah, the wind here reminds me of a tropical storm.  Margaret Orr says we're all gonna die, so it's probably nothing. 
    Options
    That chicken looks good. What did you marinate it in?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    @caliking‌
    I used something that I have never tried. It's called 30 minute marinate. My DIL loves it and requested it so I thought I would give it a try. Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    @SGH   where did you get it???
  • SGH
    Options
    @bill37‌
    The Butcher Block in Wiggins Ms. right off of highway 49 in front of Walmart. It's right past the Popeyes on the service road.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Chicken is done. Did not reverse sear due to severe lightning. Just let it cook indirect at 425 until internal hit 155.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    @SGH looks fantastic. I will have to google the marinade since I live in CO.
  • SGH
    Options
    @bill37‌
    Thanks for the kind words my friend.
    Here is the corn.
    Mrs.SGH whipped up some chesse mashed potatoes as well. Hope y'all all enjoy my friends.
    imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Rezegger
    Rezegger Posts: 29
    Options
    Looks good. I passed through there last Friday headed to the coast.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SGH If this is a "Humble Cook". I'm ready to sample some of the pie ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @Rezegger‌ @NPHuskerFL‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    The meal looks great..and Mrs SGH cheese mashed potato look awesome..Have a great 4th and weekend..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌
    We both thank you kindly for the kind words my friend

Status- Standing by.

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    That's a sweet eat!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Tylerd76
    Tylerd76 Posts: 43
    Options
    sometimes the simplest meals are the best, good looking eats!
    Mechanicsburg, PA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Looks great @SGH. Did you soak the corn (in water) at all before putting it on?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Hardly humble. That's the kind of cook SWMBO would love. We'd just have to skip the spuds (carbs, man :-( ) Damn tasty.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Everything looks great, the cheese mash is like savoury dessert, yum!  If I may, my friend, I'm also gonna jest and mess with you ...
    1) the breasts don't do the marinade justice if they're boneless
    2) no foil or drip pan to protect the snow white platesetter? 
    :D
    canuckland
  • SGH
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    We sure did. I gave them a 30 minute soak before putting them on.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Canugghead‌
    Most of the time I do either wrap the plate setter or use a drip pan. I was running real late last night and the weather was getting bad so I didn't. I'm lazy too. That's the biggest reason. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌
    My wife says thank you for the compliment on the potatoes. You and your family have a safe and happy holiday as well my friend.

Status- Standing by.