Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mcrib is back!!!

Options
Ok. Maybe not exactly. But wife sure loved it. Boneless beef short ribs smoked at 250 for an hour. Then in a bath of beef broth and bbq sauce. Not a bad supper for five dollars worth of meat.

Little Rock, AR

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Looks like a hope run to me my friend! I bet @Mickey‌ was jumping for joy when he saw the title! ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌ Looks like a hope run to me my friend! I bet @Mickey‌ was jumping for joy when he saw the title! ;)

I am not an idiot. That my friend is FINE food. But I still like the others. One day I will bring the beer and we will run to McDonalds. Or you head to Salado.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Brother I was certainly not implying that you was an idiot. I was referencing the fact that you like the McRib. My apologies sir if I offended you. That was certainly not my intent. I was trying to be humorous. Sorry if I offended you.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    I love McRibs! Best fast food item McDonalds has to offer in my humble opinion!
  • Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Mickey‌ Brother I was certainly not implying that you was an idiot. I was referencing the fact that you like the McRib. My apologies sir if I offended you. That was certainly not my intent. I was trying to be humorous. Sorry if I offended you.

This is the problem with this kind of services. How you took it was not any way what I was trying to say. We are very cool. But now @Bayarad is my new BFF.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I feel a man-crush developing....
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Glad to hear that my friend. I thought I had just offended the most respected man on the forum. Glad that I misunderstood.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Didnt mean to start a fight. It was just funny to me cuz the wife took a bite and said "this is like one of those mcribs, only good".

Little Rock, AR

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Thanks for the honor @ Mickey! It would be my pleasure to be your BFF! Maybe someday we can meet halfway and quaff a few pints of your favorite adult beverage and a McRib!
  • SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Brother you haven't done anything wrong. I thought maybe I had offended someone through the misuse of words. If anyone is to be blamed that would be me and my big mouth. Not you my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Options
    No fight. Just @SGH gives me hell about my liking McRibs (now seems I have a brother in arms in @Bayarad). We will have SGH eating them by the time McDonalds starts selling again.

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Brother I give you one thing for sure. You are very quick on the draw with coming up with punch lines and puns. You are so fast at it that it's almost scary at times! Have you ever considered a career in comedy? I think that you would really excel at it my friend. You are always the first with a quick joke!

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Options
    By the way. Please ship me two of those. I have never tried them but now on the short list.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    This is gonna be my most viewed thread ever........and doesnt have a damn thing to do with my food. Ha!

Little Rock, AR

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    If you are ever on death row, for your last meal, request a McRib and a Shamrock Shake. Never available at the same time.
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I give you my word when they are available I will post a pic of me eating one! You can count on it my friend! I may smoke it on the egg first though. :D

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:

@Mickey‌
    I give you my word when they are available I will post a pic of me eating one! You can count on it my friend! I may smoke it on the egg first though. :D

Maybe you can roll one up in a taco bell burrito and then smoke it?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    You got it my friend! McRib wrapped in Taco Bell and smoked. That might actually improve the Taco Bell!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Mrs. SGH said to tell you that the peppers look mouth watering. She wants you to send her some. Don't know how I missed them but I did. They do look excellent my friend and are a great addition to the ribs. =D> =D> =D>

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm gonna do another batch next week. I'll either bring u a jar or send u a jar. They are fresh jalapenos that I can with mrs wages bread and butter pickle brine. They are awesome.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    She will be most thankful. As will I my friend.

Status- Standing by.