Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KISS Ribs

Options
2»

Comments

• Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    Two of my favorite things. Great job on the ribs and the fishing trip looks awesome!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Hell freaking yeah man!!! The ribs look dope!!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fusionhq‌
    Man those ribs look good! Looks like y'all had a great time on the water as well. Excellent all around!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited June 2014
    Options
    When I saw the title of this post I half expected to see Paul Stanley or Gene Simmons cooking ribs. ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    @sgh, thanks!! No Gene Simmons on this thread!!
  • SGH
    Options
    @fusionhq‌
    How can you have KISS Ribs without...image

Status- Standing by.

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Great looking ribs!!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great looking ribs. I tried the KISS method after using it for brisket a while back and I found it lacking IMHO. I thought mine needed just a touch more flavor. Salt and pepper and smoke just didn't do it for me like it did with the brisket. But to each his own. You gots to experiment and see what works best for you and your horde. Half the fun of bbq is experimentin' and seeing what ya like.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fusionhq
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Great looking ribs. I tried the KISS method after using it for brisket a while back and I found it lacking IMHO. I thought mine needed just a touch more flavor. Salt and pepper and smoke just didn't do it for me like it did with the brisket. But to each his own. You gots to experiment and see what works best for you and your horde. Half the fun of bbq is experimentin' and seeing what ya like.
    Griff, I was really surprised and pleeased with the amount of flavor, as was everyone else that ate...To each his own! You gotta try to know!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Hmm. Like I said it was a while back. Might have to try it again. Maybe I didn't salt and pepper it enough.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Doing some the 4th. Nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Timvanee
    Timvanee Posts: 43
    Options
    Having a hard time finding the recipe... @cazzy, am I overlooking one of your posts?
  • fusionhq
    Options
    2 parts pepper, 1 part salt, ~5 hours @ 250 or until done.  Indirect obviously.  Keep it simple.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Timvanee said:

Having a hard time finding the recipe... @cazzy, am I overlooking one of your posts?

The rib cook that was referenced can be found here:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1151775/let-s-get-er-done/p1
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....