Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porkopolis Eggfest - Cincinnati

Options
Who's going? I've seen several names on another thread about Eggfests in general mention they would be there so I thought I would start one just for Porkopolis. Many thanks to @fasteddiem for organizing this event again this year. I hope to meet many of you this year! Come see me in bay 11.
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• marysvilleegger
    Options
    Will be there. My first! Any advice on what time to get there Saturday?
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    are you cooking @marysvilleegger ? If so I would get there between 7:30 and 8:00. If not, I would still come early. The demos start at 10:00 but I had a blast from the time I got there until we shut down last year. There are a lot of neat people and brilliant ideas and setups there.
    Columbus IN
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    Thx. I'm not cooking so was thinking 9ish. Do I need to sign up in advance for the demos? Is there a site to see the schedule of demos or is it just walk around and see what u bump into?
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    You will have a blast if you get there at 9:00. I was amazed at how many different ways people light their Eggs. You don't have to sign up for demos. They basically all happen in the same place. You will be able to just wander around and shop for accessories, taste food, talk to other Eggers, watch demos. There is no shortage of fun.Oh and they serve beer if that interests you.
    Columbus IN
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    I would highly recommend getting there before 10 if possible. The registration line starts to get long, never a long wait, but it's like standing in line at Disney World...too much fun just steps away! 

Looking forward to meeting you @marysvilleegger

It's gonna be a fun one! 

Happy Eggin'

FastEddieM
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @fasteddiem

Any chance that the mini max will be present and available at the fest? 

If not, will Wardway take pre-orders?

TIA!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I am realllllllllllly hoping to make it, but not sure yet.  My wife turns 30 that weekend so I am not calling the shots.  Definitely need to whip out some world class persuasion.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I turn 40 a few days before the Eggfest, I plan on making it an extension of my party.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    @YEMTrey Unfortunately the Mini Max will not be making it to Porkopolis. They are not yet available through our distributor yet! We'll leave that as a cliffhanger to get you to come back next year! 

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook will be cooking Pecan breakfast Pizza's and Pulled Pork Pizzas. :-h Looking forward to having another great time, see ya there.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'll be there. Hoping to empty my wallet on some accessories. Taster only. Only Saturday.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @Hibby you shouldn't have any trouble doing that! It should be a great time. I had a blast last year.
    Columbus IN
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    This will be my 2nd year. Hopefully less gnats than last year.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio