Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Blackened Salmon!

Simple but delicious. Cooked at 450 to the Salmon reached 145, Served with Asparagus and Mushrooms. 
salmon.JPG 162.2K

Comments

• EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 526
    Nice!  Did you cook it direct on the grill?
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
  • pigoutscpigoutsc Posts: 88
    Yes it was direct. 
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,414
    Looks awesome..I am ready to do some salmon soon..Aprox how long at that temp did it take to get to 145 internal..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
  • pigoutscpigoutsc Posts: 88
    They were pretty thick. I want to say 12-14 minutes. I used Zatarans blackening seasoning and the flavor was great. The thermapen as always was a great help to insure it was not overcooked.
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks good.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGHSGH Posts: 15,602
    @pigoutsc‌
    Nice looking salmon my friend. Excellent job! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
  • That's a great looking piece of salmon.  Great choice with asparagus also.  I've only done plank salmon, you've inspired me to try it direct.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014