Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib question

Options
Good afternoon all I decided to thaw some ribs I had in the freezer to have for dinner. I am going to cook some pork and beef ribs. I plan to cook the pork rib @350 indirect for about two hours.

My question is @350 about how long should I expect the beef ribs to take? I have never done beef ribs on the egg but thought it was a good day to try.

Comments

• chupacabra
    chupacabra Posts: 77
    Options
    To me it's all going to depend on how thick the beef ribs are.  I've seen some smaller beef ribs and I've seen some monsters.

To be honest though I like to cook them at a lower temp...no more than 285
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    It all depends but it should take longer than 2 hours if it's the big sized beef ribs. Not even sure you can do pork ribs for two hours only. Mine at that high heat usually takes ends up slightly more than 2 hours (maybe around 2.5 hours). 

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    The meat teepee just went on. Have the egg up to 350 now it just a waiting game. Oh well off to the garden to pick green beans for dinner also. image
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    Beef ribs are off.
  • Firemanyz
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Here is a pic of them sliced. They were good but a little tuff on the outside. That was my fault as I thought it had stabilized at 350 so I went to the garden to get veggies. When I came back 20 min later we were close to 600. Oh well next time I'll give it time to settle in. All in all both were very good and I got a decent smoke ring. image